LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

David's Carr Needs a Mechanic.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by PTulini:
The only competition should be between Carr and Shaun Hill or Carr and Nate Davis!

being afraid of competition is very telling.

Not really. The competition hurts the QB that wins the job because they wind up only getting half the snaps in TC/OTAs and it hurts the chemistry with the guys we bring in/already have adjusting to different QBs. It's time for some continuity and if Smith f**ks up, THEN we play Carr or Davis.
I need to learn to read...

nvm
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM ]
I have a theory about David Carr. I mean, think about it this way, Alex Smith fans would have been the only people in the world that thought he should start last season, or knew how good he could be. Now, what if it's the same for David Carr? We all hate him, but we don't really know anything about him other than the stats he put up on bad teams with no lines (like Smith). Why not give Carr a chance to compete for the starting job? If Alex is better, he'll win it anyways.

I'm officially on board the David Carwagon.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by PTulini:
The only competition should be between Carr and Shaun Hill or Carr and Nate Davis!

being afraid of competition is very telling.

Not really. The competition hurts the QB that wins the job because they wind up only getting half the snaps in TC/OTAs and it hurts the chemistry with the guys we bring in/already have adjusting to different QBs. It's time for some continuity and if Smith f**ks up, THEN we play Carr or Davis.

thats true. I stand corrected.
He chose #5

Twitter :

"For those wondering about my number, 5 may be the one, My grandpa rocked it, and he past away from cancer before I went to NY, he would be proud"
  • RedAndGOLDson49
  • Info N/A
"David Carr Sighning The Contract "
Let The Games Begin........................
[ Edited by RedAndGOLDson49 on Mar 11, 2010 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by RedAndGOLDson49:

he actually seems pretty ripped.
no homo.

who knows, maybe he'll be good this year?
seems pretty excited about being with us.
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by RedAndGOLDson49:

he actually seems pretty ripped.
no homo.

who knows, maybe he'll be good this year?
seems pretty excited about being with us.

He seems like a funny/cool guy after reading his twitter. I'm on the Smith bandwagon but I wish nothing but the best for all our QBs. Good luck to both. I still think Smith should start the season but if its Carr I hope he does well.
i have a feeling Carr we replace Smith half way through the season. I hope not but that's my gut feeling.
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Mar 11, 2010 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
i have a feeling Carr we replace Smith half way through the season. I hope not but that's my gut feeling.

You couldn't log on here for a few days if that happened.

• factorback40
  • Info N/A
One thing that I feel should be noted is that Carr led the league in completion percentage his last year as a starter. I am not saying Carr is going to be transformed like Steve Young was under Bill Walsh, but I do feel that he does have some potential. Unfortunately, if he is starting it likely means the niners have already dropped a number of regular season games. The only thing I can say is keep an open mind. If the oline improves, I believe most qbs could have a solid year with Crabtree, Morgan, Davis, Walker, and Gore at the skill positions.
I have a feeling Carr has been given the heads up that there will be competition or he assumes that he has a chance. Judging from his twitters he seems a little TOO excited to be Alex Smith's Backup.
i honestly think carr will suprise us. im not saying he sould start. but when he gets his chance cuz smith is hurt, or playing poorly. i think he might do well. however, he better not start over smith, lol.
His enthusiasm is pretty great, and the guy seems really really happy to be playing for the Niners. I hope for the best for him, but I'd rather not see a competition due to the fact that Alex needs to get his timing down with the 1s.
I was against this signing from the beginning simply because the idea of having 2 former #1 picks who have yet to play up to their draft slot, just rubs me the wrong way.

I understand the idea that if Carr needs to sub in for Smith that the offense would not be limited because Carr's has better arm strength than Shaun Hill.

I just can't believe this organization has gone from two HOFs in Montana and Young to two busts in Carr and Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone