There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill goodbye thread

You did your best.
good luck hill thanks for the effort
He is everything you want in a long term backup... don't understand this.
It's still an open competition, right?

Have a non cap year means no ''cut'' penalty fees , correct?

May the best man win.
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Good bye king of the Hill
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Look for Detroit to pounce on Shaun Hill by trade or free agency.

Hill has worked with developing a QB and establish a relationship with him.

Hill played under Linehan in Minnesota, and he has a working knowledge of the playbook.

He's proven to be somewhat of a good backup in the right scheme. He could look pretty good with Calvin Johnson and Bryant Johnson - former 49er - at WR.
Originally posted by Chief:
I hope Shaun Hill goes to the Cardinals, Rams or Seahawks and ends up starting and playing like a complete badass.
wish you the best and thanks for all the hard work and effort. i hate seeing this happen to good people with class
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
it came down like a punt

dont gimme that crap!
Shaun Hill left a lot to be desired as an NFL QB but he was/is a Niner and he did some good things,he can't help who he is as far as talent. So if he ends up leaving,i wish him well,but injuries and other things can happen in camp/pre season. So anything can happen..
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by 4JusticeNow:
Yeah, the only winning QB we've had in 7 years...what a LOSER!

The same morons that are talking trash about Shaun Hill are the same morons that were nut-lapping Nolan and Smith during this lost decade! We deserve the team we have because of you sheep!

Anyone that liked watching Hill must hate football. That guy was HORRIBLE!!

I liked watching Hill win.
  • HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
I'll always appreciate what Shaun Hill did here. He was an average QB who won with an average team. The professionalism he and Alex had during their competitions was very respectable. He was a stop-gap for our franchise and was never supposed to be in the Albert/Tittle/Brodie/Montana/Young/Garcia lineage, but also wasn't in the mold of Ken Dorsey. We got all that we could out of him and was asked to step aside when Alex was ready and did just that. I'd say Good Job and Best of Luck!
My favorite play of his was on MNF 2008 when he ran for the first down on 3rd and forever without his helmet and got it. We'll miss you!!
[ Edited by adrenaline on Mar 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM ]
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

The same morons that are talking trash about Shaun Hill are the same morons that were nut-lapping Nolan and Smith during this lost decade! We deserve the team we have because of you sheep!

yeah all those playoff games he won. that was entertaining.

oh wait...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

yeah all those playoff games he won. that was entertaining.

oh wait...

Its hard to make the playoffs when Alex Smith is starting half the season.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home