There are 128 users in the forums

Carr Signs With 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by zozell:
This could have been a confidence building move for Smith. With Hill on the team, Smith would have to constantly look over his shoulder worrying that after one bad half, he could have been yanked and replaced with Hill. I mean Coach Sing was known for yanking QB's in the middle of games and replacing them.

Maybe they let smith know that he undoubtledly is the starter, Carr is just going to hold the clipboard, now go out there with the confidence of knowing you're the starter.

Seems logical to me...

I think the opposite would have been true: with Hill there was no need to fear because he'd already taken the job from Hill.

yah iono wut ur talking about zozell
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Where is it that it says it's for 3 years $7.5M?
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
This could have been a confidence building move for Smith. With Hill on the team, Smith would have to constantly look over his shoulder worrying that after one bad half, he could have been yanked and replaced with Hill. I mean Coach Sing was known for yanking QB's in the middle of games and replacing them.

Maybe they let smith know that he undoubtledly is the starter, Carr is just going to hold the clipboard, now go out there with the confidence of knowing you're the starter.

Seems logical to me...

LOL....um, no. The Niners aren't going to INTENTIONALLY downgrade a position on the team to boost an ego...lol.

The Niners have signed Carr because they clearly think he is a better fit for them than Shaun Hill. No need to overanalyze.

If they wanted to boost Smiths confidence they should let him watch the special olympics
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
As long as he doesnt have to play much i will be happy
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Seems logical to me...

I think the opposite would have been true: with Hill there was no need to fear because he'd already taken the job from Hill.

yah iono wut ur talking about zozell

I don't know... I don't think I'm overanalyzing... Carr does provide a better back up than Hill... but McNabb, Vick, DelHomme are all available and better than all the QB's on our roster... why not go after one of them, and not Carr? Because they wanted Smith to be comfortable and confident in the fact that he's the starter... Things were so neck and neck with Hill and Smith for so long, that maybe they wanted to end any thoughts of a competition once and for all...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

LOL. Yeah, as long as he doesn't play I'm alright with it.
I've always wanted Carr to be a Niner, since I'm a Fresno State fan, but I'm not sure this is the best for all parties. Hill is a good back up for us, I'm not sure Carr is an upgrade.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/07/veteran-qb-carr-agrees-to-terms-with-49ers/

2yr deal
If Alex starts the season off slow fans will be calling for David Carr-wreck to step in.

I will hate to hear those cries.

PFT has it on there... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/07/rumor-of-49ers-pursuing-jared-gaither-is-premature/?related=1

But, normally PFT is full of s**t, so, we'll see.

so does this end any doubt that this is Alex Smith's job to lose?

(of course not, this is niner talk, wtf are you smoking?!)
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/03/carr-agrees-to-terms-with-49er.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fblogs%2Fgiants+%28Blogs%2FThe+Blue+Screen%29

NY Daily news has it also, it's def true. Not a great move but a decent move IMO he should be an upgrade over Hill.
Question: what # is dude going to get?

because his # = not available
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

LOL. Yeah, as long as he doesn't play I'm alright with it.

bingo lol

Yeah, but nobody rocks the forearm band, half-sleeve and glove look like Carr.

What's interesting -- and telling -- is that if QB David Carr didn't get his deal done in SF today, he was planning to visit Arizona.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/10147308118
Share 49ersWebzone