Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
They raised ticket prices for this.

yeah exactly, they raised ticket prices to cover David Carrs enormous contract

I could have understood they raise if they signed Peppers or someone good. But David Carr is a freaking joke. I'd rather have Shaun Hill over Carr anyday.

you just like to complain, so if we signed peppers you would b***h about how we overpaid him.

You dont know me Val, yes I complain but its always warranted. If the Yorks signed Peppers I would never say they over paid. I never said they overpaid for Clements even though they did. I dont care about over paying I just want to see that commitment from ownership to fielding a winning team.

Take Dan Snyder he spends like crazy and still doesn't win but at least the fans of skins know that he does everything possible to win. With our division more winnable than anytime I can ever remember it the Yorks should have done something to get us over the top.

and then when we overpay and still not win and end up losing Willis, VD because we're in salary cap hell and STILL NOT WIN you'll still blame the FO.

I could have understood they raise if they signed Peppers or someone good. But David Carr is a freaking joke. I'd rather have Shaun Hill over Carr anyday.

you just like to complain, so if we signed peppers you would b***h about how we overpaid him.

You dont know me Val, yes I complain but its always warranted. If the Yorks signed Peppers I would never say they over paid. I never said they overpaid for Clements even though they did. I dont care about over paying I just want to see that commitment from ownership to fielding a winning team.

Take Dan Snyder he spends like crazy and still doesn't win but at least the fans of skins know that he does everything possible to win. With our division more winnable than anytime I can ever remember it the Yorks should have done something to get us over the top.
nvm
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 8, 2010 at 10:52 AM ]
David Carr > Alex Smith Hands down...
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

they need the money to crank those Carr Jerseys.

Carr Drops back..

Looks deep.

Holds the ball, holds the ball, sack, fumble, TD the other way......

Fixed.

Which will be the story if our oline doesn't improve, if it does then Id expect Carr and Smitty to be more than acceptable next season.

actually nevermind, I forgot Jimmy Can't call a play in the first half Raye is still our O.C.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

You dont know me Val, yes I complain but its always warranted.

Then by your own admission, val was right. You just like to complain.

I don't like to but these morons just make it to easy.
FREE DAVID!!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'd rather have David Carr over Hill anyday of the week. Hill is a 3rd stringer at best.

That is correct, and Carr was brought in for that purpose.
Carr is now an established backup. He may have come here in hopes of starting but it would have been more difficult slowly moving Nate up if Shaun Hill was the #2. It's much easier, if needed, making the decision to move Davis ahead of Carr.
We have four franchise QBs, including two 1st overall picks. All four either on vet minimum or rookie contract.

Best overall QB value in the league.

The ownership is very pleased with our front office's effort for getting such great value. Scotty and Paraag will each receive an extra bonus of $7,500 for their effort.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Carr is now an established backup. He may have come here in hopes of starting but it would have been more difficult slowly moving Nate up if Shaun Hill was the #2. It's much easier, if needed, making the decision to move Davis ahead of Carr.

I didn't think about it that way.

Although, Hill was going to enter the last year of his contract this upcoming season. So it would have been even easier to simply allow him to move up the depth chart.

-9fA

Originally posted by bigmike55:
David Carr > Alex Smith Hands down...

What did you say about Alex Smith's hands???
Originally posted by jed_york:
We have four franchise QBs, including two 1st overall picks. All four either on vet minimum or rookie contract.

Best overall QB value in the league.

The ownership is very pleased with our front office's effort for getting such great value. Scotty and Paraag will each receive an extra bonus of $7,500 for their effort.

Thanks for clearing this one up jed...

Can I call you jed? I have to be honest. When I read this headline earlier today I felt like somebody kicked me on the nuts. I don't know if I can trust you at this point, jed, I just don't know.
[ Edited by fister30 on Mar 8, 2010 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

they need the money to crank those Carr Jerseys.

Carr Drops back..

Looks deep.

Holds the ball, holds the ball, sack, fumble, TD the other way......

Fixed.

You have to admit. He's the perfect vet to back up Alex. He's been working on that play even longer than Smith. He's perfected it like no other. He can not throw the ball behind a weak line better than any other #2 in the league.
Watch, they sign Carr, Smith does good (hopefully), Carr comes in on mopup duty and does well, then they trade him for 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2011. Davis becomes #2 QB
Shaun Hill to the Raiders!! Just Win baby!
Share 49ersWebzone