LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Carr Signs With 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • RedAndGOLDson49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NJNiner:
If Smith bombs and Carr finally becomes the QB that everyone thought he would be than I am all for it. Steve Young sucked when he was with the bucs and became a stud for the Niners.

I agree and with this being Alex's last year on Contract and having a Veteran Carr (not saying he is huge competition) signed for 2 years this will drive Smith even more to improve during this off season and Camp I can only hope lol Overall I like the move he will be a good #2 but I'm not gonna lie I'm gonna Miss Hill on the Joe Show!
[ Edited by RedAndGOLDson49 on Mar 8, 2010 at 8:05 AM ]
I am ok with the signing due to possible upside, Hill probably wasn't going to improve much.

The one thing I worry about is that he still gets sacked a ton, even in recent years. He was sacked 7 times in 39 attempts last preseason. I know it only preseason and he was probably playing with and against backups, but the guy still holds the ball too long and doesn't throw it away often enough. Maybe the Niners can work with him, but you think he would have figured this out by now
This was a solid move. I love Shaun Hill but we got more mileage out of those tires than you could have hoped for. We have seen the upside. If we are going to the next level it will be with a QB who actually has the tools to run the vertical game we desire. That could be Smith, it could be Carr, it could be Davis. It could be someone else. It was not going to be Hill. Thanks to Shaun Hill for all he did to help us get back on the map. I'm going to lose as much sleep over this as the departure of Steve Deberg. Who was an a much better QB than Shaun Hill ever will be.
Super Bowl
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
David Carr meh! Only up side is the two have many things in common, they are both first picks busts, that have not proven their worth. If Carr can push Smith to get better then fine, I hope this works out.
Originally posted by AZ9er:
David Carr meh! Only up side is the two have many things in common, they are both first picks busts, that have not proven their worth. If Carr can push Smith to get better then fine, I hope this works out.

Even though Sing named Alex as the starter for the upcoming season, coach sing likes to have some competition in camp. I agree with you that if Carr can push Smith to work harder than signing Carr is a good thing.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They raised ticket prices for this.
Originally posted by susweel:

yeah exactly, they raised ticket prices to cover David Carrs enormous contract

they need the money to crank those Carr Jerseys.

Carr Drops back..

Looks deep.

Throws it to Crabtree, touchdown 49ers......
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

I could have understood they raise if they signed Peppers or someone good. But David Carr is a freaking joke. I'd rather have Shaun Hill over Carr anyday.

I could have understood they raise if they signed Peppers or someone good. But David Carr is a freaking joke. I'd rather have Shaun Hill over Carr anyday.

you just like to complain, so if we signed peppers you would b***h about how we overpaid him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

you just like to complain, so if we signed peppers you would b***h about how we overpaid him.

You dont know me Val, yes I complain but its always warranted. If the Yorks signed Peppers I would never say they over paid. I never said they overpaid for Clements even though they did. I dont care about over paying I just want to see that commitment from ownership to fielding a winning team.

Take Dan Snyder he spends like crazy and still doesn't win but at least the fans of skins know that he does everything possible to win. With our division more winnable than anytime I can ever remember it the Yorks should have done something to get us over the top.

You dont know me Val, yes I complain but its always warranted.

Then by your own admission, val was right. You just like to complain.

I sure as hell would have.

Carr is a huge upgrade over Hill, at least carr and throw 5 yard screen passes, the same ones that shaun hill looked like he was skipping rocks with.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

they need the money to crank those Carr Jerseys.

Carr Drops back..

Looks deep.

Holds the ball, holds the ball, sack, fumble, TD the other way......

Fixed.
Share 49ersWebzone