LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Thinking I'm gonna get this guys jersey this year..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
once he signs long term id think about.
Originally posted by RaiderHater90:
Originally posted by momoney925:
got one of these

and one of these

haha me to in that exact combination

haha thas wassup
go to pickjerseys.me they have full on 220 dollar jerseys for 20 bucks i have a home gore jersey and an away willis jersey and they both have the names and numbers stiched on and all the nfl logos and everything the willis jersey even has the captain patch !
Originally posted by jrg:
Pro Bowler next year

awesome pics! great video
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
There's only two guys on our team whose jersey is worth buying: #52 and #21

and 15..and 85..and 38..and 94..and 92..and 51...and 99..and 22

52 check
21 check
15 in a few years maybe
85 check
38 if he gets an extension
94 check
92 never will
99 check
22 check

i also have a joe staley 74. i have to rep the fatties.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
We're going to see a lot more crabtree jerseys after he breaks out this year.....and I'll have one too.

I'm thinking about getting one BEFORE the Crabtree jersey sales go through the roof. I'd like to be one of those guys who can say I got my jersey before Crabs broke out!
i got my authentic crabtree jersey for $50 on ebay during his holdout...this year i'm probably going to get a goldson jersey
Pro Bowler next year

based on what?

he sucks at coverage. he hits hard and gets his helmet on the ball, but that can be said about alot of safeties.

maybe in time he can be good, but that Cardinals MNF game has made him the most overrated Niner on the team.
There's only two guys on our team whose jersey is worth buying: #52 and #21

and 15..and 85..and 38..and 94..and 92..and 51...and 99..and 22

Forgot about Justin Smith, I'd say he'd deserve a buy...but I usually only like getting jerseys for guys that are exclusively Niners, not a FA pickup.

Crabtree: perform well consistently for a few years first
VD: perform well consistently for a few years first
Goldson: perform well consistently for a few years first
Franklin: perform well consistently for a few years first
Lawson: he's not good.
Spikes: he's good, but I don't really consider him a Niner, more like a guy we're renting for a few years.
Clements: debatable; he's good, but I wouldn't get his jersey

VD? done proved it! last year was a Pro-bowl :replacement", solely on his blocking ability! this year pro-bowl starter (record tying td receptions) STILL, second to none as a blocking TE! Also, stepped up as team captain! ......
........ Give credit where credit is due .......

other than the VD dis, I agree on worthwhile jersey purchases. ( Although, I am pretty confident that the #15 jersey will pan out!)
Forgot about Justin Smith, I'd say he'd deserve a buy...but I usually only like getting jerseys for guys that are exclusively Niners, not a FA pickup.

Hei Huckleberry, Since I don't know you, I can only surmise that:
1. You weren't a Niner fan early-on, or...
2. You weren't (no fault of yours) born yet...
What, is your definition of Exclusive ? I'm sure, that these players were Exclusively devoted to the SF 49ers while they played for the team:

Freddie Solomon, ex Miami Dolphin, "Solomon won 2 SB's as a member of the 49ers. On "The Catch", in the 1982 NFC Playoffs, Solomon was the primary target on the play, but slipped coming out of his cut. Solomon made several key plays on the 49ers final drive of that game"

Lawrence Pillers, ex NY Jet, remember the Goal-line-Stand, in SB XVI

Wendall Tyler, ex LA Ram, "In 1984, he rushed for a 49er team record 1,262 yards during the regular season, and also caught 28 passes for 230 yards, was selected to the Pro Bowl, and played in Super Bowl XIX in which the 49ers defeated the Miami Dolphins 38-16. Tyler was the first player ever to lead two different teams in rushing in two different Super Bowls"

Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds, ex LA Ram, helped Ronnie Lott better understand the game...
"...Reynolds was an outstanding linebacker with the Niners during the early 80s. After spending the majority of his career with the Los Angeles Rams...he brought his tough-nosed defense to the Bay, winning two Super Bowl rings (XVI, XIX)"
http://sayhey.wordpress.com/2007/07/11/nostalgia-whatever-happened-to-hacksaw-reynolds/

Fred Dean, ex San Diego Charger, where was our Pass Rush before he arrived

Gary "Big Hands" Johnson, ex San Diego Charger, doesn't get the credit Dean does, but helped Fred , as he did in San Diego get to the QB. Ask Dan Marino, or better yet, re-watch SB XIX. All day long, in his face

Gary Plimmer, ex Oakland Invader (USFL 1983-1985), ex San Diego Charger,
After the 1997 season Plummer retired with 1,029 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and six interceptions.

Steve Young, ex LA Express (USFL), Tampa Bay Bucs, no further dialogue needed...

Ken Norton Jr., ex Hated Dallas Cowboy, joined the SF 49ers (1994-2000), become the first player
to win 3 consecutive Super Bowls (Super Bowl XXIX). Norton was selected to his second Pro Bowl in 1995. Norton was also named to the NFL All-Pro Team following the 1995 season.

Tim "Show Me The Money" McDonald, ex Saint Louis Cardinal, signed as FA by SF 49ers, 7 April 1993. He helped the 49ers win SB XXIX, & retired after the 1999 season.

Lenvil Elliott
Russ Francis
Louie Kelcher
Jim Burt
Ray Brown

Note: If you look at the players on the 49ers squad from the 1st SB team ( SB XVI), so many players that contributed,
were cast-offs from other teams
http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf/histories/49ers

And that, was off the top-of-my-head. Of course, I used the Internet to confirm...
I could probably go on, 'til-the-break-of-dawn, but to what end ?
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Mar 7, 2010 at 5:58 AM ]

• JD81
  • Veteran
He had better numbers than Antrel Rolle this past season, who made the Pro Bowl....

Dude should be a stud.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Hei Huckleberry, Since I don't know you, I can only surmise that:
1. You weren't a Niner fan early-on, or...
2. You weren't (no fault of yours) born yet...
What, is your definition of Exclusive ? I'm sure, that these players were Exclusively devoted to the SF 49ers while they played for the team:

Freddie Solomon, ex Miami Dolphin, "Solomon won 2 SB's as a member of the 49ers. On "The Catch", in the 1982 NFC Playoffs, Solomon was the primary target on the play, but slipped coming out of his cut. Solomon made several key plays on the 49ers final drive of that game"

Lenvil Elliott, ex Cincinnati Bengal, Watch SB XVI, see SI cover of that SB

Lawrence Pillers, ex NY Jet, remember the Goal-line-Stand, in SB XVI

Wendall Tyler, ex LA Ram, "In 1984, he rushed for a 49er team record 1,262 yards during the regular season, and also caught 28 passes for 230 yards, was selected to the Pro Bowl, and played in Super Bowl XIX in which the 49ers defeated the Miami Dolphins 38-16. Tyler was the first player ever to lead two different teams in rushing in two different Super Bowls"

Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds, ex LA Ram, helped Ronnie Lott better understand the game...
"...Reynolds was an outstanding linebacker with the Niners during the early 80s. After spending the majority of his career with the Los Angeles Rams...he brought his tough-nosed defense to the Bay, winning two Super Bowl rings (XVI, XIX)"
http://sayhey.wordpress.com/2007/07/11/nostalgia-whatever-happened-to-hacksaw-reynolds/

Fred Dean, ex San Diego Charger, where was our Pass Rush before he arrived

Gary "Big Hands" Johnson, ex San Diego Charger, doesn't get the credit Dean does, but helped Fred , as he did in San Diego get to the QB.
Ask Dan Marino, or better yet, re-watch SB XIX. All day long, in his face

Gary Plimmer, ex Oakland Invader (USFL 1983-1985), ex San Diego Charger,
After the 1997 season Plummer retired with 1,029 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and six interceptions.

Steve Young, ex LA Express (USFL), Tampa Bay Bucs, no further dialogue needed...

Ken Norton Jr., joined the SF 49ers (1994-2000), become the first player
to win 3 consecutive Super Bowls (Super Bowl XXIX). Norton was selected to his second Pro Bowl in 1995. Norton was also named to the NFL All-Pro Team following the 1995 season.

Tim "Show Me The Money" McDonald, ex Saint Louis Cardinal, signed as FA by SF 49ers, 7 April 1993. He helped the 49ers win SB XXIX, & retired after the 1999 season.

Russ Francis
Louie Kelcher
Jim Burt
Ray Brown

Note: If you look at the players on the 49ers squad from the 1st SB team ( SBXVI), so many players that contributed,
were cast-offs from other teams
http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf/histories/49ers

And that, was off the top-of-my-head. Of course, I used the Internet to confirm...
I could probably go on, 'til-the-break-of-dawn, but to what end ?

Yeah, I would say you pretty thoroughkly proved your point. very short sided comment by previous poster. i mean was deion a niner, for one year of service? No he was a hired gun. but i feel like if you contribute three plus years, make an impact, make the team better, and embrace the organization as well as your teammates. You in fact sir, are a forty niner....
Originally posted by Boomer49:
go to pickjerseys.me they have full on 220 dollar jerseys for 20 bucks i have a home gore jersey and an away willis jersey and they both have the names and numbers stiched on and all the nfl logos and everything the willis jersey even has the captain patch !

so you are giving an endorsement to the quality of the jerseys from this site?? if so i am all over it. $20??!! are you kidding?
Originally posted by Shifter:
Originally posted by Boomer49:

so you are giving an endorsement to the quality of the jerseys from this site?? if so i am all over it. $20??!! are you kidding?

i can tell you right now the jerseys i bought from this site are for real they are from china but you would never know the difference ! My buddy has an away brees and a throwback bo jackson and they are authentic quality ! the jerseys are 19.99 but shipping costs 25 but me and a few guys bought some jerseys and split the shipping also if you buy 10 items you get the shipping for free so find some other people to buy with you !
Originally posted by Niners99:
Pro Bowler next year

based on what?

he sucks at coverage. he hits hard and gets his helmet on the ball, but that can be said about alot of safeties.

maybe in time he can be good, but that Cardinals MNF game has made him the most overrated Niner on the team.

well thanks for ruining the fun
you can leave now
Share 49ersWebzone