LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Time to let Jason Hill play.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hill may not be on the roster come opening day if he continues to disappoint.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by excelsior:
It has bothered me enormously that over the years the Yorks have blithly hired unproven (but cheap) people to critical positions. First it was Donahue, who had never established a proven record as a personnel man. We saw what that produced. Then they hired Nolan as HC and GM, who had never been either before. What were they thinking? Then they consented to Nolan hiring McLoughan as the team's personnel man, though he had only been a scout before (I think). Then they promoted McC to GM, even though he never served in that capacity before. Finally, they hired Singletary to become HC even before Sing had proven himself as a successful DC, let alone HC (the point made by Paso). They've have a very long track record of naive fantasy - hope and change, to use a currently popular slogan. Some people never learn.

Enjoy the season . . . .
Sheer talent wise I see the receiving corps like this

1. Crabtree
2. Ginn
3. Hill
4. Morgan
5. Brandon Jones
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Maybe he should try earning a spot. I think Brandon Jones will beat him out anyways.

Brandon Jones won't een beat out Ted Ginn for the 4th WR spot. Jones is to injury prone.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Hill may not be on the roster come opening day if he continues to disappoint.

I thought he did well when giving the opportunity. They
just don't put him on the damn field.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Maybe he should try earning a spot. I think Brandon Jones will beat him out anyways.

Why? Hill has done more than Jones has (still not much, but more). I think Hill proves himself when he gets PT
Jason Hill FTW!! I'm a fan.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Can't remember Hill dropping a pass last season or the season before. Not saying it hasnt but it happens very infrequently.

Hill always makes plays yet for some reason doesnt get the PT. Hopefully he can get more next year.
he should be 3rd for sure and let ginn in on some screens and deep passes, hill is very good and seems like he could be better than morgan...faster, better hands but not as good of a blocker

Hill isnt a "coaches player." Hes been criticized for not playing through the pain. He needs to stay healthy through camp and the preseason and I see him as the #4 with Jones getting the boot.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Im thinkin Jason Hill is going to get the first crack at slot reciever this season. I think its time to let him get ample playing time because it seems to me that when given the chance he has produced. Im expecting 30-45 catches this year out of Jason.

Jason Hill, come on down!!! i think hes gonna get a shot this year with battle and bruce gone. this dude always steps up when we need him but hes been in that ass clown sullivan's doghouse for a while so i dont know what he did but its a shame because i think hes a more consistent WR than Morgan is.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Jason Hill, come on down!!! i think hes gonna get a shot this year with battle and bruce gone. this dude always steps up when we need him but hes been in that ass clown sullivan's doghouse for a while so i dont know what he did but its a shame because i think hes a more consistent WR than Morgan is.

Sullivan isn't the end all be all when it comes to whether he plays or not. The HC and OC can play him if they so choose. Hill has spent much time injured and missing practices through the week so he has no one to blame really for his lack of snaps.

Remember Jason Hill claimed that Isaac Bruce never spoke to him yet Morgan and Crabtree cite Bruce as being a help to them both.
Originally posted by Antix:
Can't remember Hill dropping a pass last season or the season before. Not saying it hasnt but it happens very infrequently.

Hill always makes plays yet for some reason doesnt get the PT. Hopefully he can get more next year.

I was rewatchin the Philly game from this past seaon n he did have a drop in that game but other than that, I do agree this guy needs to be on the field more often and I'm thinking he would be great in the slot. I remember in the 08 season against the cards on mnf he almost won the game for us but got tackled at the three yard line. The infamous refs wrong spot game.
Share 49ersWebzone