LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Time to let Jason Hill play.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im thinkin Jason Hill is going to get the first crack at slot reciever this season. I think its time to let him get ample playing time because it seems to me that when given the chance he has produced. Im expecting 30-45 catches this year out of Jason.
pass
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Maybe he should try earning a spot. I think Brandon Jones will beat him out anyways.
I dont think they would have paid Jones all that money to be the num 4 WR. I would rather have Hill start in the slot but I don't see it happening.
Brandon Jones might get cut...the dude had 1 catch last year. Hill put up 2 td's in 1 game. Jones is trash.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Brandon Jones might get cut...the dude had 1 catch last year. Hill put up 2 td's in 1 game. Jones is trash.

he had a shoulder injury hard to recover from especially for WRs i think its fair to give him 1 more year he was our best Wr in TC however as a PR ya he sucks but as a WR i think he should play out this year
Jason Hill should be on the field more. Whenever he is, he makes plays. I don't know what he has done to earn the ire of that supposedly great WRs coach we have, but whatever he did has kept him off the field when he's arguably more productive than Morgan.
If he wants to play then prove it in practice and training camp/preseason.

And yeah Brandon Jones will beat him out if given a shot too. He was never given a fair shot at WR last season.

And with Bruce and Battle gone theres more PT for Jones and Hill.
It's time for Jason Hill to make it through camp without coming up lame. He's been like the Jonas Jennings of the WR corps. I like him when he's out there . . . he just can't fall behind early again due to injury.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It's time for Jason Hill to make it through camp without coming up lame. He's been like the Jonas Jennings of the WR corps. I like him when he's out there . . . he just can't fall behind early again due to injury.

This and his comments that Bruce never spoke to him are disturbing in a way. Crabtree and Morgan praised Bruce making you wonder if he is just too quiet and invisible. Maybe he has been alienated by teammates for the fact that he comes up lame.

Originally posted by Leathaface:
Jason Hill should be on the field more. Whenever he is, he makes plays. I don't know what he has done to earn the ire of that supposedly great WRs coach we have, but whatever he did has kept him off the field when he's arguably more productive than Morgan.

agreed.

I don't understand wtf they are thinking.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Raye and Sing can easily put him on the field more if they so choose. They are higher up on the food chain than Sully so obviously he isn't doing something right on the practice field and off the field.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

It's overdue to put Jason Hill in.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Raye and Sing can easily put him on the field more if they so choose. They are higher up on the food chain than Sully so obviously he isn't doing something right on the practice field and off the field.

You give sing too much credit. sing is just an idiot. This is the same guy who calls Pep Rally Timeouts. He doesn't know what he is doing on personnel either.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

You give sing too much credit. sing is just an idiot. This is the same guy who calls Pep Rally Timeouts. He doesn't know what he is doing on personnel either.

Your not giving coach enough credit. Hes going to be leading this team to the playoffs....
Share 49ersWebzone