LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

so far so good

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Mark my words:
We are gonna sign laboy.
We are gonna draft either (17)williams or (13)bulaga.
We are gonna draft either (13)haden or (17)spiller.

i want spiller and bulaga.

Is Spiller that much better than J. Best?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Mark my words:
We are gonna sign laboy.

Buluga is not an NFL Tackle. He will not make it as a Tackle in the NFL and be converted to Guard just like the last big name Tackle from Iowa that went in the top part of the 1st round.

Insightful post. You convinced me with your compelling argument.

I'm just giving my opinion, not an argument (aside from the Gallery comparison). My thing is he doesn't look that good at Tackle to me. Also, did you see him at the combine? He just looks like Guard. Not to mention his arms are extremely short compared to what is desired for a top OT.

His arms are fine. 33 1/4.

Compared to the top 3 OT's from last year :

Eugene Monroe 33 7/8
Michael Oher 33 1/2
Jason Smith 33 3/4

NFL OT's currently with the same length or shorter :

Jordan Gross 33 ¼
Jason Peters 33 1/8
Chad Clifton 33
Donald Penn 33
Sam Baker 32 3/4
Jeff Backus 32 ½
Michael Roos 32 ¼
Mark my words:
We are gonna sign laboy.

spiller will be gone by the 17th pick.
Originally posted by eastie:
Mark my words:
We are gonna sign laboy.

no way best is the better Rb just spiller is a better returner and also best gets injured more
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I don't think the cardinals will be half as bad as you guys think they will be. And seattle always plays us tough, and they are taking steps to right the ship..

Cards jus lost their (Starting) QB, 2nd WR, FS, Mike LB...

If leinart plays decent they will still be tough to beat. Breaston and Fitzgerald are great receivers. They have two good running backs in Wells and Hightower. Their defense is still decent also.

In no way shape or form will AZ be a slouch next year. I think the latter is wishfull thinking and not the way niner fans should act. If you want to win the west you become better, you don't pray for someone else to suck. If the niners want to win the west they better get a quality QB.

Shouldn't that apply to the Cards now as well? I definitely agree they won't be a slouch but I think we should be favorites to take the division but not by much.

IMO, Warner was the magic. Now that he is gone I fully expect the to go back to being the Cards of old. Time will tell.
Originally posted by eastie:
Mark my words:
We are gonna sign laboy.

nope
spiller is not good
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I don't think the cardinals will be half as bad as you guys think they will be. And seattle always plays us tough, and they are taking steps to right the ship..

Cards jus lost their (Starting) QB, 2nd WR, FS, Mike LB...

If leinart plays decent they will still be tough to beat. Breaston and Fitzgerald are great receivers. They have two good running backs in Wells and Hightower. Their defense is still decent also.

In no way shape or form will AZ be a slouch next year. I think the latter is wishfull thinking and not the way niner fans should act. If you want to win the west you become better, you don't pray for someone else to suck. If the niners want to win the west they better get a quality QB.

Shouldn't that apply to the Cards now as well? I definitely agree they won't be a slouch but I think we should be favorites to take the division but not by much.

Absolutely. That is why when they needed one, even after they drafted Leinart they went out and got Warner. They are a very pro-active team. Personally I think Leinart will come out with alot to prove and be better than we have all seen him. He has the talent, he just needs the focus.

Actually if IIRC, they got Warner not start or even compete, but to help in Leinart's development as a QB. Soon after, Leinart got benched for poor play and Warner performed well with the same team.

So in that regard, you could almost say they got lucky?

-9fA

Luck = Labor under controlled knowledge

You could say they were fortunate but you can say they are also smart. But they were very wise in making that decision. Imagine if the SF 49ers would have picked up the Free Agent Warner 5 years ago. How many playoff victories do you think we would have? How much better of a squad would the 49ers have been?

Over the last 7 years the Cardinals have lapped the 49ers in total wins and playoff wins and they even got a new stadium to boot. I just wish the 49ers owners had the Cards wisdom/knowledge/sense of urgency. Putting all of your cards with Alex SMith is a huge gamble given his career.

They have two good RB's (Hightower and Wells) that are very young. They have great receivers and they have a very good offensive line and a pretty good linebacking core. Sure we can take our small victories by sweeping them. They went to the Super Bowl a couple years ago and were almost their again last year. Our small victories are just that, small.
Mark my words:
We are gonna sign laboy.

Buluga is not an NFL Tackle. He will not make it as a Tackle in the NFL and be converted to Guard just like the last big name Tackle from Iowa that went in the top part of the 1st round.

I'm just giving my opinion, not an argument (aside from the Gallery comparison). My thing is he doesn't look that good at Tackle to me. Also, did you see him at the combine? He just looks like Guard. Not to mention his arms are extremely short compared to what is desired for a top OT.

Eugene Monroe 33 7/8
Michael Oher 33 1/2
Jason Smith 33 3/4

Jordan Gross 33 ¼
Jason Peters 33 1/8
Chad Clifton 33
Donald Penn 33
Sam Baker 32 3/4
Jeff Backus 32 ½
Michael Roos 32 ¼

I just gotta say ......... "WOW"!!!
Seriously, you have the time/energy/gumption, to look into the arm length of NFL offensive tackles? If you are not employed by an NFL team, or at least, an offensive line coach for a community college, you may REALLY want to look at your life. Maybe try mixing in an interaction with people. Just a thought!
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Mark my words:
We are gonna sign laboy.

Eugene Monroe 33 7/8
Michael Oher 33 1/2
Jason Smith 33 3/4

Jordan Gross 33 ¼
Jason Peters 33 1/8
Chad Clifton 33
Donald Penn 33
Sam Baker 32 3/4
Jeff Backus 32 ½
Michael Roos 32 ¼

Seriously, you have the time/energy/gumption, to look into the arm length of NFL offensive tackles? If you are not employed by an NFL team, or at least, an offensive line coach for a community college, you may REALLY want to look at your life. Maybe try mixing in an interaction with people. Just a thought!

Its called google or bing. Doesnt take much time or effort to do. Try it sometime.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Mark my words:
We are gonna sign laboy.

Eugene Monroe 33 7/8
Michael Oher 33 1/2
Jason Smith 33 3/4

Jordan Gross 33 ¼
Jason Peters 33 1/8
Chad Clifton 33
Donald Penn 33
Sam Baker 32 3/4
Jeff Backus 32 ½
Michael Roos 32 ¼

Its called google or bing. Doesnt take much time or effort to do. Try it sometime.

Actually on another site I frequent, someone had posted a link to a great article and the author had done the research.

Share 49ersWebzone