LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Dang....Willis does NOT want 49ers to sign Carr!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
David Carr competes with Shaun Hill as the 3rd QB on the roster, and it's up to Davis to earn the backup spot because it shouldn't be handed to him.

As for Willis not liking it. Who cares? It's obvious that we're not looking for a difference maker we're looking for cheap competition.
i like how everyone is making a huge deal over this, when it happened last year. Damon Huard signs as a backup, he gets beat out in camp by the other 3, he gets cut.

football contracts arent guaranteed. Carr could sign, and if Hill and Davis beat him out, he gets cut.

what would be hilarious is, if Carr and Hill both win jobs, and Nate "the webzone savior" Davis gets the axe. hes played in garbage time of 3 or 4 preseason games in his entire career, and people want him over Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Niners99:
i like how everyone is making a huge deal over this, when it happened last year. Damon Huard signs as a backup, he gets beat out in camp by the other 3, he gets cut.

football contracts arent guaranteed. Carr could sign, and if Hill and Davis beat him out, he gets cut.

what would be hilarious is, if Carr and Hill both win jobs, and Nate "the webzone savior" Davis gets the axe. hes played in garbage time of 3 or 4 preseason games in his entire career, and people want him over Alex Smith.

I agree it's nothing to get worked up about since if everything goes well he will not see the field. However I understand people's frustration with a potential signing that seems to be just a waste of time. I could be wrong but I believe last year Huard was signed prior to the draft so we didn't have Nate Davis yet and certainly had never seen him throw in an NFL game.
Should be awkward when Carr signs his contract and (hopefully) addresses the media.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Davis will be on the team next year. Hill will not be.
[ Edited by pd24 on Mar 7, 2010 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Carr>Willis. Trade his ass if he don't like it.

Quote:
# I heard that carr signed . He is my teammate now. Which means I'm all in for the guy. Its all about the team. CongrÀts and welcome aboard about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter
http://twitter.com/PatrickWillis52
Carr can get the ball downfield...Hill can't, at least not with any regularity or accuracy. He was Eli's b/u in NY...so why fans or Willis don't see that as a good thing beats me. I want no part of Vick...for too many reasons. But, really, it doesn't matter...he'll be Alex's b/u and I feel better about our QB situation. It also means there's no reason to spend a draft pick on one...another plus.
In the news today "NINERS won't make the playoffs today due to a Carr crash" more news at 11!
So what, I agree with Patrick. Carr just wanted to come home and make some decent backup money. I don't see how in any way he can ever be a starter again in this league. He does'nt even look motivated to. Not even with our shaky QB situation.

You guys know I'm not on the Smith Bandwagon but atleast you can see that the kid wants to be a legit starter in this league. His play may not always show it but I know the kid works at it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d816da53b/New-Carr-in-SF

Takeo talking about Willis's tweet.
Share 49ersWebzone