LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 153 users in the forums

Sell us yorks day!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
At the end of the day Jed York is not in charge. He doesn't sign the pay checks. Even if he wanted to he still needs to ask mommy and daddy. I'm not saying he is a bad owner/president. He just really doesnt have any money of his own. In addition, the Yorks are too broke to own a championship football team. In an uncapped years we should be spending money, not declaring we will have a self impossed cap. What a joke.

P.S. Lets go get our Spiller option B (Thomas Jones, Sproles, Taylor, Jamal Lewis).

You know he owns the team right? I'm not quite sure what the intention of your post is.
And spending money does not necessarily correlate into building a championship football team. At the end of the day, football is still a business.

-9fA

Thats funny, I thought the same thing about your post....

I dont care what the legal structure is, where does the money come from? You might "own" your first car as a teenager, but is daddy paying the car note?

Really? Are you sure? Im positive "spending money" does "necessarily correlate into building championship teams." Just ask Dan Snyder....LOL. Just because I'm saying they should spend money in areas of need, doesn't mean I'm saying spend with wreckless abandon...ala Dan Snyder. Clearly you misunderstood my position.

For the record, the last few years I think Scotty has done a good job in FA. I'm just saying we shouldn't stop there. There is no reason not to go after one of these vet running backs.

Yes this is a business, but every owner should have one goal and that is to win as many SB as possible. To strive for anything less is cheating their customer.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 3, 2010 at 21:55:47 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
At the end of the day Jed York is not in charge. He doesn't sign the pay checks. Even if he wanted to he still needs to ask mommy and daddy. I'm not saying he is a bad owner/president. He just really doesnt have any money of his own. In addition, the Yorks are too broke to own a championship football team. In an uncapped years we should be spending money, not declaring we will have a self impossed cap. What a joke.

P.S. Lets go get our Spiller option B (Thomas Jones, Sproles, Taylor, Jamal Lewis).

Several teams have made similar statements. Also, our management has also said that they would like to re-sign their good players - and many of them will cost a s**t-load of money. So, don't see how they have being cheap. You know, salary cap may come back as soon as next year. It will not be very wise to go out and spend a lot of money and then have to let go of players like Davis and Willis over next couple years.

I dont know that Im buying this argument anymore. There are a lot of teams that are a whole lot more talented than us and they manage to hold it together. We dont even have a high priced QB.

Last year we where 53 milon under the cap. Are we really doing all we can?

Im not a capologist, I'm just saying....
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Several teams have made similar statements. Also, our management has also said that they would like to re-sign their good players - and many of them will cost a s**t-load of money. So, don't see how they have being cheap. You know, salary cap may come back as soon as next year. It will not be very wise to go out and spend a lot of money and then have to let go of players like Davis and Willis over next couple years.

I dont know that Im buying this argument anymore. There are a lot of teams that are a whole lot more talented than us and they manage to hold it together. We dont even have a high priced QB.

53 million under cap? I think you are confusing us with Bucs. We were close to 10 million under cap if I remember correctly.
Like Oakland Niner said, if you don't produce you are cheating your customer !!Do we really want to be like the Raiders and the Browns? Where these owners reap all the benefits? this seasons record of 8-8 has been the best in 7 years, if we made a statement it might make them look stupid enough to realize we should make a change!! For all those talking about Davis sorry he had one good season and I enjoyed it will it continue I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!This teams drafts have sucked period besides willis and gore

last year we were i think 20 mil under the cap at the beginning of FA you need to hold over about 7 mil for the draft(13 mil) then about 5mil for emergencies(8mil).

they chose to work that into this year. and i believe we had 50 mil under the cap this year. and that was proba bly meant to go into a willis, davis, franklin, morgan, and several other extensions that could have bit hard into future cap health.

i am okay with the way it has been ran the last few years. we just haven't hit gold on mid round draft picks.
I don't have a problem now they have learned some lessons. You people don't think the ownership could be worse? That is very naive.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Larry Ellison was trying to buy the team a few years ago. I wish the Yorks would have sold to him.
  • benton45
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bornaniner:
Would you do it meet at one game this season and hold a sign that said sell us please!!!!!

I am against picketing, but don't know how to show it.

seriously though... Jed York is entering his 2nd year as the decision maker and he will do a spectacular job.

I didnt know you were actually the 49ers.... im sure you arent..so if you want to be sold I have a buddy who could probably find a nice market of buyers that are interested in fresh geek ass.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

You know he owns the team right? I'm not quite sure what the intention of your post is.
And spending money does not necessarily correlate into building a championship football team. At the end of the day, football is still a business.

-9fA

Thats funny, I thought the same thing about your post....

I dont care what the legal structure is, where does the money come from? You might "own" your first car as a teenager, but is daddy paying the car note?

Really? Are you sure? Im positive "spending money" does "necessarily correlate into building championship teams." Just ask Dan Snyder....LOL. Just because I'm saying they should spend money in areas of need, doesn't mean I'm saying spend with wreckless abandon...ala Dan Snyder. Clearly you misunderstood my position.

For the record, the last few years I think Scotty has done a good job in FA. I'm just saying we shouldn't stop there. There is no reason not to go after one of these vet running backs.

Yes this is a business, but every owner should have one goal and that is to win as many SB as possible. To strive for anything less is cheating their customer.

You are forgetting we have spent in recent years (Justin Smith, Nate Clements) and we have tried to get others (Adalius Thomas for one) but they chose to sign elsewhere. Free Agency to fill some holes is a 2 way street, the player has to want to play here as much as we want to get that player because we see value or feel he fits the scheme we run and has the kind of character we want (if said player has character concerns then you have to feel your coaches AND veteran players in the locker room can keep a guy in check). Sometimes a player can be convinced by us paying more but overpaying can put you in salary cap hell and set you back for a few years when it fails so in rare instances you may overpay a player to acquire his services.

Some of the upper echelon teams have built primarily through the draft (Indy, New England, Pittsburgh) and filled holes in free agency mainly by getting great values and rarely overspending for a player. You have to put a cap on what a players worth is and if he is not willing to accept that then you move along to the next option.

A few years ago the Saints fans were saying the same thing about their owner. Just sayin...

Is garbage
Originally posted by jreff22:

Is garbage

Let me add old and washed up to that also
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

last year we were i think 20 mil under the cap at the beginning of FA you need to hold over about 7 mil for the draft(13 mil) then about 5mil for emergencies(8mil).

they chose to work that into this year. and i believe we had 50 mil under the cap this year. and that was proba bly meant to go into a willis, davis, franklin, morgan, and several other extensions that could have bit hard into future cap health.

i am okay with the way it has been ran the last few years. we just haven't hit gold on mid round draft picks.

Well I guess I will consider myself officially flamed for this one.....

Zone 1 / Oakland-Niner 0
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Well I guess I will consider myself officially flamed for this one.....

We are not keeping score and will for get you ever posted that
Share 49ersWebzone