LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Pro Football Focus: Staley/Sims among top 10 LTs. Snyder among bottom ten RT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hmmm 3rd worst RT yup lets forget about replacing snyder and get spiller instead

You expect to both first rounders on one player or what?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by valrod33:
we need a new RT

The Steelers tendered Willie Colon at a first round level today. Hmmm . . .

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3912

He's still a youngster (27 next month) and played great in 2009 after an inconsistent 2008 season.

He's the guy I wanted us to sign the most this offseason.

Is he worth a 1st round pick to you? Considering we might get left in the cold with the top OT's in the coming draft . . . . giving up a #1 for a guy who's made 50 straight NFL starts at RT is kinda tempting.

You know - now this is where I think we should spend that second round pick - a proven starter comes in, 27 years old could solidify the line for the next 9 seasons.

I say do it also. I really think like others there's going to be a run on OL like in 2008. Smart teams build first at the LOS and all the teams picking ahead of us save Miami, Jacksonville and Tennessee need OL. So it's quite possible at 13 we don't have access to a OT (sorry about the draft reference mods). I certainly don't want to reach at 17.

First and foremost, re-sign Sims. We really need to do that!

I'd rather stay optimistic a tackle will fall to us in the draft than cough up a 1st round pick for a guy with quite a bit of mileage. Not to mention Colon will be seeking a huge contract, that he most likley won't live up to.

Trading away 1st round picks almost always backfires & hurts the future of your ball club.

[ Edited by GMniner805 on Mar 2, 2010 at 18:17:17 ]
hmmm 3rd worst RT yup lets forget about replacing snyder and get spiller instead

all the OT will be gone by 17 every one had good combine and so did spiller neither okung, trent williams ,bulaga, anthony davis, or spiller would make it to 17
I hate Snyder
Snyders not a T. He should come off the bench with Chilo at this point. I like Colon but any of those top Ts would be a good fit for the niners.
What about that disappointment named, Chilo Rachal?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Isn' this the same website that has Vernon Davis ranked behind fifty other some odd tight ends?

Ya i don't get the rankings, and im not in the mood to find out how they work but they minused alot of points because of penalties. Gore was like 32 too.

But Snyder is better than i thought. I thought he was the worst but theres two people worse than him.
Snyder is last... I'd rather have Kwame back...

all the OT will be gone by 17 every one had good combine and so did spiller neither okung, trent williams ,bulaga, anthony davis, or spiller would make it to 17

So the 49ers should grab CJ Spiller or Golden Tate(if available) with the 13th and a OT with the 17th(there are plenty)

With TWO first rounders that is a bonus for the Niners,they can afford to grab an immediate impact player with one of those picks
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
What about that disappointment named, Chilo Rachal?

Give him a chance???

Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by valrod33:
we need a new RT

The Steelers tendered Willie Colon at a first round level today. Hmmm . . .

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3912

He's still a youngster (27 next month) and played great in 2009 after an inconsistent 2008 season.

He's the guy I wanted us to sign the most this offseason.

Is he worth a 1st round pick to you? Considering we might get left in the cold with the top OT's in the coming draft . . . . giving up a #1 for a guy who's made 50 straight NFL starts at RT is kinda tempting.

You know - now this is where I think we should spend that second round pick - a proven starter comes in, 27 years old could solidify the line for the next 9 seasons.

I say do it also. I really think like others there's going to be a run on OL like in 2008. Smart teams build first at the LOS and all the teams picking ahead of us save Miami, Jacksonville and Tennessee need OL. So it's quite possible at 13 we don't have access to a OT (sorry about the draft reference mods). I certainly don't want to reach at 17.

First and foremost, re-sign Sims. We really need to do that!

I'd rather stay optimistic a tackle will fall to us in the draft than cough up a 1st round pick for a guy with quite a bit of mileage. Not to mention Colon will be seeking a huge contract, that he most likley won't live up to.

Trading away 1st round picks almost always backfires & hurts the future of your ball club.

Agreed,the 49ers shouldn't have a problem grabbing an impact player and a OT with their 2 picks
i still can't believe how much sims improved last season. he was HORRIBLE the year before.
I can't help but think Mc's gonna pick a guy like Iupati, which would be a good thing. The guy's strong as an ox and got a mean streak. With the run on OL/DL in the top 13 there's a great chance that one of 3 defensive backs falls to 13, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas or Joe Haden. All of them are McCloughan types and would be immediate impact players. Spiller is not a Mc type of player and I highly doubt he's even rated a top 20 pick by mc. He'll address the return man in the 4th or 5th rnd.

Iupati fits that "versatile" role that Mc likes in his lineman. (i.e. Rachal, Snyder, Heitman, Wragge) These are guys that were picked up because they can play more than one position. Iupati is considered a G who can play T.

However I would pee myself if Bruce Campbell fell to us. He'd be a project but isn't that why we got Solari. Did you see that guys arms? He'd be a dominant athletic T.
Originally posted by jonnydellfan:
I can't help but think Mc's gonna pick a guy like Iupati, which would be a good thing. The guy's strong as an ox and got a mean streak. With the run on OL/DL in the top 13 there's a great chance that one of 3 defensive backs falls to 13, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas or Joe Haden. All of them are McCloughan types and would be immediate impact players. Spiller is not a Mc type of player and I highly doubt he's even rated a top 20 pick by mc. He'll address the return man in the 4th or 5th rnd.

Iupati fits that "versatile" role that Mc likes in his lineman. (i.e. Rachal, Snyder, Heitman, Wragge) These are guys that were picked up because they can play more than one position. Iupati is considered a G who can play T.

However I would pee myself if Bruce Campbell fell to us. He'd be a project but isn't that why we got Solari. Did you see that guys arms? He'd be a dominant athletic T.

Watch his tape, and you'll see him reach and whiff on his blocks frequently. Especially watch the Cal/Maryland game where he was completely handled by Tyson Alualu. He's a physical specimen alright, but he's not a good football player.

It's nothing we didn't already know...which is why I want Mac to re-sign Pashos and draft best OT on the board. It's important to have a good vet behind the youngsters...as was proven by Sims last year. It could've been disastrous when Staley went down, but Barry really stepped up and did his job very well.
Share 49ersWebzone