There are 265 users in the forums

Willis' Long term right hand man. Spikes? Wilhelm? McKillop? Other...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Don't be fooled by the "TED linebacker simply takes up blockers and funnels everything to Willis" talk.

The 49ers were interested in Briggs, Curtis Lofton, and Rey-Rey in the past three years. Do you any of these guys fit the TED LB mold? Maybe Mauluaga but certainly not the other two.

If McClain has already been drafted, I wouldn' be surprised to hear Sean Weatherspoon's name called at #17. He's the perfect compliment to Willis. Patrick is more of cerebral guy like Bryant Young, but Weatherspoon is natural and vocal leader. I can see Singletary falling in love with Weatherspoon especially after interviewing him.

I would also keep an eye out on Daryl Washington TCU or Sean Lee of Penn state.

Daryl Washington -- I like him in the 2nd round if he's there. Dude's a stud. Spiller, BPA at OT, and DW for our 1st 3 picks would make me very happy

Too early in the draft with all the other more pressing needs. I wouldn't expect the Niners to look at another ILB till the fourth round at the earliest. Then again, McCloughan has apparently shown interest in some high profile ILB's in the last couple of year, even though it hasn't panned out. We'll see soon enough......
  • Coach
  • Info N/A
This is the very last concern we should be addressing. Willis is more than capable of pulling up the slack of a marginal Ted. He has made Spikes look young again by covering him in pass coverage and in the perimeter run game. Singletary needs to stick to coaching and get out of the GM's ear about getting a vocal leader on D like he was. You can start addressing this position after we have assembled a roster that goes to the playoffs a few times.
Share 49ersWebzone