Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Reggie Smith will start next year, just like Dashon took over for Roman
I'm calling it now

Sounds good but not sure if they're done with Lewis yet but he's next up

He has the potential,him and Goldson could become a nice combo
Originally posted by lamontb:
Another in a long line of wasted 3rd picks

Were you one of those people who also called Dashon Goldson a wasted pick/bust??

Some people here hate on these young players almost right away if they don't become instant superstars.

Football IQ at its finest....

Before too many give up on Reggie, remember that Goldson had his injury issues his first couple of seasons. Now that he's healthy, he's turning into a good player. I'd expect to see the same thing from Smith.
Originally posted by DANADA:
why not start him? what u guys think?

Because he's @$$ rather see T Mays MIGHT AS WELL!!!
Originally posted by DANADA:
he did great in preseason and he was ganna be a late 1st or 2nd rounder until he ran his 40

Its Pre-Season! duh
he has ONE solo tackle on the season so far

Gore, Lee, Baas and Snyder all have 2 each
My name is Steve and I host a podcast called The Sports-Casters. If you are interested you can check out our Reggie Smith only podcast called, Athlete Spotlight #3: Reggie Smith. Reggie Smith

It is posted at the top of the page : http://www.sports-casters.com
His name above is a link directly to the intetriew

Tonight we will post episode 20 with Peter King and Dave Dameshek

If you like us, give us a shout @sports_casters
Originally posted by SportsCasters:
My name is Steve and I host a podcast called The Sports-Casters. If you are interested you can check out our Reggie Smith only podcast called, Athlete Spotlight #3: Reggie Smith. Reggie Smith

It is posted at the top of the page : http://www.sports-casters.com
His name above is a link directly to the intetriew

Tonight we will post episode 20 with Peter King and Dave Dameshek

If you like us, give us a shout @sports_casters

Welcome to the Webzone Steve.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The only thing that I can remember Smith doing in preseason was grabbing an interception from Orton that was just a poorly thrown ball.

-9fA

Well, he took another deflection to the house against Indy too
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Under-developed underclassman, with questionable spped, drafted as a "tweener (CB/S). Expected to require an additional year or two of development at the NFL level, due to entering as an underclassman. Frittered away first couple of NFL seasons due to prolonged placement at CB, plus being injury-prone.

Needs to step it up in OTA's and TC or be prepared to join another 3rd round bust, Brandon Williams, in another career, operating the RB (Reggie and Brandon) Barbeque

Thanks for reminding of Brandon "Fair Catch" Williams. Well in his defense everyone besides the niners knew that was a huge reach. He was projected 5th or 6th round.

I like how people realize things like this when it's too late, but when the guy gets drafted, it's a great acquisition. The same thing is happening this year. Our front office and shot-callers ALWAYS know what they're doing - until the players prove otherwise, at which point everyone acts like they were against the pick.

(I'm not saying you were for the Williams pick, just that majority of the Zone always thinks everything the Niners do is the right thing, until they can't argue it anymore)

CHEERLEADER! !

Spencer - Nate - Dashon - Mays

R.Smith should play @ Safety. Rotation.
By the way, Reggie Smith does the best Dougie in the NFL!
Thanks for the Welcome. I would love to hear your thoughts on the show after. I want to know how it plays for a 9ers fan.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Under-developed underclassman, with questionable spped, drafted as a "tweener (CB/S). Expected to require an additional year or two of development at the NFL level, due to entering as an underclassman. Frittered away first couple of NFL seasons due to prolonged placement at CB, plus being injury-prone.

Needs to step it up in OTA's and TC or be prepared to join another 3rd round bust, Brandon Williams, in another career, operating the RB (Reggie and Brandon) Barbeque

Thanks for reminding of Brandon "Fair Catch" Williams. Well in his defense everyone besides the niners knew that was a huge reach. He was projected 5th or 6th round.

I like how people realize things like this when it's too late, but when the guy gets drafted, it's a great acquisition. The same thing is happening this year. Our front office and shot-callers ALWAYS know what they're doing - until the players prove otherwise, at which point everyone acts like they were against the pick.

(I'm not saying you were for the Williams pick, just that majority of the Zone always thinks everything the Niners do is the right thing, until they can't argue it anymore)

I don't see your point. The draft is a crapshoot. NO ONE knows if any particular player will make it or not. Mainly, we are supporters here. We call it how we see it, with a tinge of optimism.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
By the way, Reggie Smith does the best Dougie in the NFL!

Hands Down... well Drew Stanton gives him a run for his money wouldn't you say?
Share 49ersWebzone