LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Baas gets original round tender

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I guess we only get a 3dr, even though we gave him the original round tender. Ever heard of this rule?

"The 49ers placed a second-round tender on outside linebacker/pass rusher Ahmad Brooks earlier this week. Brooks' tender is for $1.759 million. The 49ers applied an upgraded tender to Brooks, so that bumped Baas' "original-round tender" down to a third-round compensation." (from Maiocco)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Looks like they value Baas slightly higher then the third waterboy.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
I guess we only get a 3dr, even though we gave him the original round tender. Ever heard of this rule?

"The 49ers placed a second-round tender on outside linebacker/pass rusher Ahmad Brooks earlier this week. Brooks' tender is for $1.759 million. The 49ers applied an upgraded tender to Brooks, so that bumped Baas' "original-round tender" down to a third-round compensation." (from Maiocco)

That's my understanding as well. Although I've never heard of it either.
Originally posted by maxsmart:

Kay now I'm miffed. We get stuck with a subcompact if someone signs Baas?!!!!

Better be a hell of a car if we aren't matching.

~Ceadder
Baas has to be listed as the starter at LG and they weren't happy with Rachal at RG last year either. So, if they do lose Baas, they had better pick someone up in free agency, since Snyder already proved he's not a fit there.

LG, RG and RT.....they better have some hits in this year's draft at OL.
Share 49ersWebzone