There are 231 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks gets secound-round tender from Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
For one year it's worth it. How much did we give Tully sack o s**t? He's got to be better than him.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Already posted. IBTL Lock it down Shut it down oh my word!!! Why is this here?

brooks is good i hope he decides to come back which i think he should however if he left i guess it wouldnt be the end of the world cause getting a 2nd would be good
I'm glad we did a 1 yr, instead of locking him up right away. He could be a 1 year wonder.
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
I pray this guy gets an offer from another team and we get a 2nd rounder for him. He did well last year but he is not an every down player and last time he had a good year with the Bengals he was out of football the year after. If we got a 2nd for him we could sign Alex Baron, RFA OT from the Rams, to a big deal to play tackle for us which would only cost a 2nd rounder and then draft one of the OLB with one of our 2 first rounders. It wont happen but I wish someone would sign this guy cause thats like trading a UDFA for a 2nd round pick.

I like Brooks but I will take a 2nd rounder in this years draft for him any day.

Add in I pray someone offers Baas a contract, and we get the second for Baas.
Singletary turned him into a badass.

I like him more than Harylson , but not by much.
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
I pray this guy gets an offer from another team and we get a 2nd rounder for him. He did well last year but he is not an every down player and last time he had a good year with the Bengals he was out of football the year after. If we got a 2nd for him we could sign Alex Baron, RFA OT from the Rams, to a big deal to play tackle for us which would only cost a 2nd rounder and then draft one of the OLB with one of our 2 first rounders. It wont happen but I wish someone would sign this guy cause thats like trading a UDFA for a 2nd round pick.

I like Brooks but I will take a 2nd rounder in this years draft for him any day.

Yeah right, back to square 1 developing a pass rusher. Personally I would like to keep Brooks and see how he does next year. He has at least proved something in the NFL over the last few games. A draft pick is just a gamble.
we tried to work out a long term deal but the talks were not successful and have ended

Brooks was impressive last year. In his situation I think he has the leverage. All he has to do is perform at the same level he did last year for the whole year. That is not really asking too much of him or an unrealistic projection. An OLB who can get to the QB is worth more than a second round pick.

On the other hand, I never realized that a tender offer was not an actual offer. What I am confused with is if the niners don't have to honor their offer with an actual contract at what point does Brooks become available to other teams to sign without the second round penalty, if the niners don't sign him?
Originally posted by fister30:
Brooks was impressive last year. In his situation I think he has the leverage. All he has to do is perform at the same level he did last year for the whole year. That is not really asking too much of him or an unrealistic projection. An OLB who can get to the QB is worth more than a second round pick.

On the other hand, I never realized that a tender offer was not an actual offer. What I am confused with is if the niners don't have to honor their offer with an actual contract at what point does Brooks become available to other teams to sign without the second round penalty, if the niners don't sign him?

I'd love to see him grow into a starter to start the year. Imagine adding a Peppers or Merriman on the other side and bringing Haralson in off the bench and still having Lawson as an option to cover TE's against the TE-happy teams of the NFL.

Can't wait to see if he's our possible 2010 season team sack leader???

... possibly with double digit sack numbers??

... or arrested for punching a woman in the face?

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

Damn! He punched a woman in the face?? That's the kind of no nonsense smashmouth players I want on this team.
I hope we keep him.....dude reaked havoc when he played
Originally posted by jmoore71:

Damn! He punched a woman in the face?? That's the kind of no nonsense smashmouth players I want on this team.

Not at all funny. Violence against women is a serious issue, and steroid-fueled football players contribute more than their share.
Originally posted by jmoore71:

she probably deserved it
Share 49ersWebzone