LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

The worst mistake of the decade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Jonas Jenning has to be near the top of the long list of mistakes this decade.

True, but when we do win it all the "glass man" will make everyone a crystal trophy since he stole all that money from the 49ers.
Originally posted by Niner4Life209:
For me the worst mistake SF did during the past decade was not draft Aaron Rodgers. However, I am not trying to turn this into an "Alex Smith" post as much as hate the fact Rodgers is not a Niner. With that being said what does everyone else think as far as the worst mistake during the past decade? Either something we did or did not do. The other one for me was hiring Coach Dennis Erickson.

Do you really think that Rodgers would not be in the same situation as Smith if we drafted him instead? Use your brain not your desires. What obstacles has Rodgers had to overcome? He was put in the perfect situation that can be contrived for a rookie QB while Smith has been through worst possible scenario imaginable.

This is like comparing two seperate sprinters 100 meter time with one running indoor on a all-weather track and thr other running in a hurricane on muddy soil. Any s**t throwing monkey can compare numbers.
Eddie's gambling?

Or was that over a decade ago?
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Firing Mariucci
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nolan.
Originally posted by rapid4:
Yorks

Co-signed!!!!
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Reading this thread

LOL!

The bailout.
The hiring of Terry Donahue. -Losing the 'mooch' was inevitable (with the kind of proprietary ownership we had under Dr. York), so it was Donahue's responsibility to scout and seek the right on/off-field personnel for the franchise (in which he failed horribly at, also putting us in the worst salary cap position on earth in poorly-written signing bonuses to mediocre players).
Ironically, it was Bill Walsh who made the biggest mistake. As I understand it, he recommended to the "green" Yorks that they hire Donahue to be the team's future GM. That was the beginning of a series of mistakes that the Yorks made, all relying on Donahue's misguided advice. If the 9ers had hired a first-class Gm insteead, he would have guided the Yorks into wise decisions. He would have drafted well, and would have hired a top HC who would still be here today. We would have continued to make the playoffs and may have even won another SB.

Worst mistake is Terry donahue and Erickson. however, a close second was changing the offensive philosphy from the Bill Walsh Offense to that of a Smash Mouth Running team.
T.O. saying Garcia was gay!
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for Envy.
Firing Mariucci

This
Erickson. Didnt do one positive thing. Many other coaches were available.
Originally posted by Envy:
Firing Mariucci

This

Seconded.
Share 49ersWebzone