LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Singletary on set for NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I hadn't realized the 49ers have had 2 first rounders 3 of the last 5 years. And when I look at the players, all except Balmer are starters and the #1 guys at their positions! That's pretty awesome for Scotty McG.

According to some, that is not good enough...

Originally posted by kidash:
I hadn't realized the 49ers have had 2 first rounders 3 of the last 5 years. And when I look at the players, all except Balmer are starters and the #1 guys at their positions! That's pretty awesome for Scotty McG.

if they arent HOF players after one year we should cut them
Originally posted by valrod33:

BUST!!!!!

But but but.... McCloughan sux, He doesnt know how to draft and he should be fired....

some ppl....

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Feb 25, 2010 at 14:33:58 ]

BUST!!!!!

LOL, you guys. At the end of the day winning football teams are winning football teams because they are made up of good starters. So lets not be too homerish ok.

I mean whats the point here......any fan who disses Scotty M is impatient because it is unreasonable to expect a team with a better than 500 avg?????

If our players were even half as good as the Homer optimists would lead you to believe then the Niners would have made the playoffs at some point since 02.

I remember the days when Niners fans were willing to cut anybody who did not help us win. Not only has this franchise fallen, but the fan base expectations has crumbled as well
he didn't say much except you can tell he wants peppers......................................................j/k
he pretty much confirmed that Alex is the QB next year
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
he pretty much confirmed that Alex is the QB next year

This was in the Alex Smith Bandwagon thread...

* At his end-of-season press conference, Singletary seemed to leave the door open as far as bringing in another quarterback who could challenge Alex Smith for the starting job. Today he was more definitive about Smith. "I feel very good about saying that Alex Smith is our starter going into next season," he said. He said he wasn't as resolute last month because he always wants competition among his players. That is, he didn't want Smith to feel as if he doesn't need to compete for his job.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/02/singletary-give.html
Originally posted by danimal:

BUST!!!!!

LOL, you guys. At the end of the day winning football teams are winning football teams because they are made up of good starters. So lets not be too homerish ok.

I mean whats the point here......any fan who disses Scotty M is impatient because it is unreasonable to expect a team with a better than 500 avg?????

If our players were even half as good as the Homer optimists would lead you to believe then the Niners would have made the playoffs at some point since 02.

I remember the days when Niners fans were willing to cut anybody who did not help us win. Not only has this franchise fallen, but the fan base expectations has crumbled as well

This team was run into the ground before Scotty M got here, you cant just flip a switch and everything be okay, yes it has taken some years but he has brought in parts every year and has this team going in the right direction.

nvm

[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 25, 2010 at 15:13:30 ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
He said he wants mcnabb!!!!

He said it with his eyes...

Haha

BUST!!!!!

This team was run into the ground before Scotty M got here, you cant just flip a switch and everything be okay, yes it has taken some years but he has brought in parts every year and has this team going in the right direction.

nvm

yeah but the same people who minimize the failures of the current regime were rah rah about the former regime as well.

IMHO hopeless optimists have no justification to clown on anybody these days. Just like in the Glory Years when hopeless pessimists were pretty much stuck with their foot in their mouth almost every year.
Its officially...I dont care if it was just "mumbo-jumbo" but I have a man crush on Coach Sing
Originally posted by jreff22:
He said they are keeping a close eye on Randy Watson out of NY.

that boy can sing

BUST!!!!!

Agreed 100%. People are somewhat more accepting of complete mediocrity. I am not that patient anymore. So what if all of the 1st rounders we drafted in the last five years are starting.

The kicker is in the last five years we are well below a .500 team. Starters here aren't neccessarily starters on other squads. Don't get me wrong, I love the 49ers and respect the players and personel but this rebuilding job has been a struggle and it doesn't seem the stadium deal will get done either.
Share 49ersWebzone