There are 230 users in the forums

McGloughan to limit Gore this year. Is limiting Gore a good idea?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

McGloughan to limit Gore this year. Is limiting Gore a good idea?

Some people on here never want to give Gore his due.

I think he is a very large crutch on which this team relies. As Method said, when he's out of the game we are awful.

This offense has relied on him for everything. How many times have you seen drives that are just all Gore, on the ground and through the air?

I like the idea of limiting his carries and keeping him around. He's too special a player to allow him to burn out in 2 more seasons.

DRAFT SPILLER
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

I think he is a very large crutch on which this team relies. As Method said, when he's out of the game we are awful.

This offense has relied on him for everything. How many times have you seen drives that are just all Gore, on the ground and through the air?

I like the idea of limiting his carries and keeping him around. He's too special a player to allow him to burn out in 2 more seasons.

DRAFT SPILLER

Co-sign. Gore is a GREAT player, but the dude gets tired really quickly from the type of running he does. We need to keep him going all game, and not get injured every damn season. Keep him at 20-25 touches, but get a 3rd down back. Gore on 1st and 2nd, Spiller/ whoever on 3rd. There were plenty of times we got into the redzone last year, and Gore was too tired to even come in the game, so we just wasted two downs running the Coffee, or Robinson, who are both terrible.
  • Niner4Life209
  • Info N/A
Yes it is a great idea if the Niners will for once get a Free Agent worth speaking about like Bush or Sproles. Holy Crap I wish we would make moves like that...But I dont think its a good idea if we keep decaf coffee around and do not upgrade the O-line.
Originally posted by Method:

DRAFT SPILLER

Co-sign. Gore is a GREAT player, but the dude gets tired really quickly from the type of running he does. We need to keep him going all game, and not get injured every damn season. Keep him at 20-25 touches, but get a 3rd down back. Gore on 1st and 2nd, Spiller/ whoever on 3rd. There were plenty of times we got into the redzone last year, and Gore was too tired to even come in the game, so we just wasted two downs running the Coffee, or Robinson, who are both terrible.

Well said. My thoughts exactly. I wanted them to achieve that last year in the draft but Coffee just not the player I wanted. Same running style so there's no change up for the D to account for.

We desperately need a game breaker. We've finally got some good talent on the offense but we still lack that speedster that can take it to the house be it on special teams or on the ground. I know we have o-line issues but a player like him would make the line look better. Plus we snag a OT with our other first round pick and we're set.

2nd and 3rd look to the secondary and pass rush for some hidden gems.

DRAFT SPILLER

I agree with most of what you are saying and it is obvious that the team's offense greatly depends on him. The only potential issue I see is that he might not be as productive because he has said several times that he needs his touches to be productive. As to him burning out in 2 more seasons; Here is what McGloughan said per MM:

Quote:
Today, I asked McCloughan and Singletary about the possibility of selecting a running back with a more change-of-pace style.

"We could," McCloughan said. "It comes down to what would be his role with us? Is there any special-teams value involved in it? Where you take him in the draft is going to say what the role is going to be and how soon we think he could help us.

"Frank Gore is a really good football player for us. And we think he can be a good football player for us for the next couple years. We also understand that we can't count on him forever. If you can start limiting the carries now, he might not like it, but you protect him. Our vision is we play the 16 games and get to the playoffs. And we need for him to be healthy for us to do that."
Share 49ersWebzone