LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

McGloughan to limit Gore this year. Is limiting Gore a good idea?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

McGloughan to limit Gore this year. Is limiting Gore a good idea?

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
i think this is a hint that we either draft Spiller or sign Sproles or Bush in free agency

yep
Hellooooo Mr. CJ Spiller!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Hellooooo Mr. CJ Spiller!

McClueless will never draft him.
K, this is old news. They said the same crap last year which was the point in drafting Coffee...

Unless they draft Spiller nothing is really gonna change.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
i think this is a hint that we either draft Spiller or sign Sproles or Bush in free agency

yep

No point in paying sproles or bush when we can just get younger in the draft...

rb''s don't have good expiration dates
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by teeohh:
It's a good idea, Gore may not like it but he needs to get over that s**t.

No player will get over it It's what got them where they are. He can work well with another back but most competitive athletes always wants the ball all the time. It's a good idea just need a guy who can get the job done and a o line that can get it done.

And Coffee was a wasted pick last year Please Scott don't waste another 3rd round pick.

Really, Coffee was a wasted pick. Hmmm.....maybe the fact that the 49ers couldn't figure out what kind of offensive team (oh, well they were offensive at times) they were going to be. First it was smash mouthed, then it was spread, then it was non-existent at times.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by lamontb:

No player will get over it It's what got them where they are. He can work well with another back but most competitive athletes always wants the ball all the time. It's a good idea just need a guy who can get the job done and a o line that can get it done.

And Coffee was a wasted pick last year Please Scott don't waste another 3rd round pick.

Really, Coffee was a wasted pick. Hmmm.....maybe the fact that the 49ers couldn't figure out what kind of offensive team (oh, well they were offensive at times) they were going to be. First it was smash mouthed, then it was spread, then it was non-existent at times.

Coffee is very average at best.

Agreed.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
K, this is old news. They said the same crap last year which was the point in drafting Coffee...

Unless they draft Spiller nothing is really gonna change.

I don't remember any talks about limiting him before this statement and if you have a link or something, please share. There was definitely speculation, but there was never a bold statement made public by anybody.
Niners need to draft other positions before they think about RB. Sorry cant draft Spiller because he will be useless behind a sorry OLine. Coffee may be decent behind a better line.....I can dream. Not a good idea to draft Spiller because if they forget about Spiller and draft for there top needs this will be a playoff team. Gore can have a solid running partner in 2011 if there aint a strike.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I agree fix the oline first and then worry about RBs. A good oline can make average RBs look good. Just ask the Broncos of the Shanahan years.
Yes... given that we can gain yards and score when he's not out there!

Originally posted by susweel:
I agree fix the oline first and then worry about RBs. A good oline can make average RBs look good. Just ask the Broncos of the Shanahan years.

You mean the "Insert" RB 1000yards.

As for Coffee, he' s freaking THIRD round pick. Frank slipped to the third round because of his knees otherwise he would have been a sure first rounder.

Give Coffee some time, the game was way to fast for him, now lets see if it has slowed down.

Intersting that people tend to call him a Bust although he was the leasing rusher in the preseason, while they are calling Nate Davis almost the next Joe Montana because of ONE game in the same preseason....
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by susweel:

You mean the "Insert" RB 1000yards.

As for Coffee, he' s freaking THIRD round pick. Frank slipped to the third round because of his knees otherwise he would have been a sure first rounder.

Give Coffee some time, the game was way to fast for him, now lets see if it has slowed down.

Intersting that people tend to call him a Bust although he was the leasing rusher in the preseason, while they are calling Nate Davis almost the next Joe Montana because of ONE game in the same preseason....

This made me laugh, hope the niners draft big uglies
Last i heard Singletary was the head coach not Mcgloughan...
Share 49ersWebzone