LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Who will be competing with us for the division next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be competing with us for the division next year?

The Cardinals have won the division the past 2 years, and they're loaded with talent even after losing some of their players. They're the most experienced in terms of what it takes to win football games and make a playoff run. But losing Kurt Warner and some other key players will hurt them.

The Seahawks seem to have our number for some reason, it's always a tight game with them. They don't have much talent, and they're bringing in a new coaching staff; but sometimes a new staff is just what a team needs to turn the corner, and Carroll is a player's coach.

And the Rams...well, ya. They're the worst team in the league...but we've seen teams go from worst to first a lot in the past couple years.
Seahawks IF hasselb***h stays healthy

[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 23, 2010 at 14:52:25 ]
all of them
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
all of them
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
all of them

I don't see the Rams competing anytime soon, but you never know. If they don't draft a QB #1, I don't see them competing for several years, at least.
Carrol is a joke of a coach. Pro players have no respect for him. The cardinals will be tough again. Rams suck and Spagnulo has no personality. The division is ours for the taking.

[ Edited by JoseCortez on Feb 24, 2010 at 06:59:17 ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Carrol is a joke of a coach. Pro players have no respect for him. The cardinals will be tough again. Rams suck and Spagnulo has no personality. The division is ours for the taking.

All of them will be competing. That is the question. The poll should have been about who would win.
Originally posted by BigRon:

All of them will be competing. That is the question. The poll should have been about who would win.

This is correct.
I predict that Vegas will prove that bettors will conclude the NFC West will be the tightest division in the league. The favorite and the least favorite odds won't have a huge gap.

Cardinals, 49ers and Seahawks will be really tight, but in that order. The Rams will have the best shot at winning the divison out of all the #4 teams.

Bottomline is, its a toss up between 3 teams and the 4th could be a dark horse as well
Originally posted by danimal:
I predict that Vegas will prove that bettors will conclude the NFC West will be the tightest division in the league. The favorite and the least favorite odds won't have a huge gap.

Cardinals, 49ers and Seahawks will be really tight, but in that order. The Rams will have the best shot at winning the divison out of all the #4 teams.

Bottomline is, its a toss up between 3 teams and the 4th could be a dark horse as well

The Rams? Please tell me that's n error. %f not, what makes you think they have the best shot?

• evil
  • Veteran

What makes you think pro players have no respect for PC ? At the end of the day the only team with a proven QB under center is Seattle.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

What makes you think pro players have no respect for PC ? At the end of the day the only team with a proven QB under center is Seattle.

While it is true that Seattle has a proven QB. Hasselbeck is done. Way too injury prone.

Here's an article that sums up my opinion of Caroll.
LINK
The Hawks will trade Hasselbeck for Leinart straight up, so Pete and Matt can be together again, and the Cards will again have an aging QB who resurrects his career...The Niners will still be trying to find their QB and the Lambs draft Suh who kill all the QB's and they surprisingly win the division.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
they are all in the NFC West so they will ALL be competing for the division....

[x] All of the above
The division is not the problem. We should have swept the division last season. We need to figure out how to win more games outside of the division and beat some elite teams not just hang in there. We had 3, count them, non division wins. Against nobodies. The bears, Jags, and Lions. The Jags were a mid tier team like us at best. The bears were in complete disaray, and the Lions were rock bottom.
I expect the team to win all of our division games this year. No reason not to. The question is can we finally start beating the real talent in this league, other than Arizona. Which as a rivalry game, should be expected.

Hopefully the boys are watching film on the following teams. Winning these games are the keys to being a competitor next year. I include the falcons because we need to atone for that one last year.

New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles
Atlanta Falcons
San Diego Chargers
Green Bay Packers
Share 49ersWebzone