LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

5 Reasons Alex Smith is Going to Be a Top 5 QB in 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Here we go again, the off season, and all the speculations. How about five reasons why we are going to win the super bowl?
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
had he played the whole year, he would have thrown 3,000 yards. I dont know if he would have thrown 20 td's...probably...but, I dont know.

If we improve the OLine just a little....guys, it will make a huge difference. I mean, we are potentially looking at big offense if we can get him and the Rb's some protection. It will be huge to get some good blockers.

Agree
It was fun watching all the negative nellies come out from beneath their rocks.
am i the only one who completely skipped the AS article and immediately clicked on the "25 hottest cheerleaders" link?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit of a stretch there.

You know am often considered an Alex Smith "Hater", but based on what I have read in other posts and articles about our O-line being the worst in the NFL...

I am starting to think Sing (coach Kool-aid) and Raye are to blame. With help from Forester, they combined to create what could have been the most ridiculous running game and simplistic pass protection schemes. When you stop and think that runs up the middle were our least productive, yet 70% of all our runs were up the middle, you begin to question the coaching staff's general level of competence to coach at the NFL level.

Taking such a hard look back at last season it is not out of line to think, Smith Gore and the rest of the offense could be much better next year, top 5 rating for Smith hard to say. This offensive team, and I include the O-line when I say this was badly served by the coaching staff, everything from fundamentals to play calling was bush league.

The players are better than there record. If you have built a team of "coachable" players, and then proceed to give them poor coaching, the will listen and put out all the effort in the world, and they will become a reflection of that poor coaching, they will be poor players.

The thing that will hold Alex back, and the rest of the team for that matter is the kind of coaching that runs up the gut even when facts show they can't, the kind of coaching that has 25% of all it's running plays thrown for a loss yet makes no changes to the play calling is not the type of staff that will propel anyone to the top 5 of any list you want your name on!

Could Alex be a top 5 QB? Maybe but not o with this coaching staff.

This is a bunch of writing that throws in the face of the fact that Smith has his BEST year as a pro under this coaching staff. The fact is that they had to run those plays up the middle to keep the defense honest. Otherwise, Smith would have gottem even more preasure. This coaching staff actually COACHED Smith.
Bleacherreport.. nuff said
I will be happy with top 10. Very happy.

You know am often considered an Alex Smith "Hater", but based on what I have read in other posts and articles about our O-line being the worst in the NFL...

I am starting to think Sing (coach Kool-aid) and Raye are to blame. With help from Forester, they combined to create what could have been the most ridiculous running game and simplistic pass protection schemes. When you stop and think that runs up the middle were our least productive, yet 70% of all our runs were up the middle, you begin to question the coaching staff's general level of competence to coach at the NFL level.

Taking such a hard look back at last season it is not out of line to think, Smith Gore and the rest of the offense could be much better next year, top 5 rating for Smith hard to say. This offensive team, and I include the O-line when I say this was badly served by the coaching staff, everything from fundamentals to play calling was bush league.

The players are better than there record. If you have built a team of "coachable" players, and then proceed to give them poor coaching, the will listen and put out all the effort in the world, and they will become a reflection of that poor coaching, they will be poor players.

The thing that will hold Alex back, and the rest of the team for that matter is the kind of coaching that runs up the gut even when facts show they can't, the kind of coaching that has 25% of all it's running plays thrown for a loss yet makes no changes to the play calling is not the type of staff that will propel anyone to the top 5 of any list you want your name on!

Actually, runs up the middle were our best
If he's top 5 in the NFC then we make the playoffs.

I think that's reallistic and hopefully Alex gets to that point. We don't need him to be Manning, Brees, Brady just be better than average.
"Alex Smith is a cerebral QB. To secede Alex needs to know everything that every player is doing on every play."
Ohh that is one of the most hilarious misspellings ever.

Alex Smith will secede and start his own country of unibrow clueless dorks!!

[ Edited by Shifter on Feb 23, 2010 at 20:03:24 ]

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Actually, runs up the middle were our best
Check out Brows!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
That is a dream. He doesn't have the physical and mental tools to be a top 5 QB. I would jump for joy if he cracked the top 15.
Originally posted by ttime1:

This is a bunch of writing that throws in the face of the fact that Smith has his BEST year as a pro under this coaching staff. The fact is that they had to run those plays up the middle to keep the defense honest. Otherwise, Smith would have gottem even more preasure. This coaching staff actually COACHED Smith.
OR>>>>
Perhaps a healthy Smith with time to learn this glorified High school Offense Jimmy Raye is running, showed a few flashes of what made him the #1 overall pick!
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Welcome to the webzone
Share 49ersWebzone