There are 116 users in the forums

Niners willing to trade Aubrayo Franklin for a 1st round pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Misleading title.

A league source telling MM that he "thought" the Niners "would be willing" to do this, is not the same as the Niners "actually saying" they "would" be willing to do this.

Reading comprehension, FTW!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I would do it.
Either this or pay him and watch him play like parys haralson when HE got his money........
The 49ers are expected to give Franklin a non-exclusive franchise tag. That means Franklin can still negotiate with other teams but that the 49ers have a chance to match any offers he receives. If Franklin were to sign with another team, the 49ers would be compensated with two first-round draft picks
When is free agency starting?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Not too sure I'd want to do this. We need a good NT to be a contender this year. All signs point to us being dominant on D if we can marginally improve on offense. We're no longer waiting for the future. Next year should be our year to make some noise, and Franklin is gonna have play a big part in that.

Wouldn't be opposed to doing it then signing Hampton as a replacement. He is getting up there in age (if you consider 32 old in football years), but can still get the job done at a high level for another couple years.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
When is free agency starting?

March 5th
It wasn't that long ago many of us was calling for Franklin's head.
He did have a breakout season in '09.
Still can't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for this guy.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I can see the Niners trading Franklin since this draft is so deep at DT it is ridiculous. I mean, apart from Suh and McCoy, you have Jared Odrick, Brian Price and Dan Williams, who are all projected 1st round picks.

However, I don't see the Niners wanting 3 1st round picks, unless they flipped one of the picks for more 2nd and 3rd rounders. Now that would be sweet.

I could see them trading their 17 and this new pick to move up and get... Eric Berry? If they want a 3-4 end they can get Cody, they could move Sopoaga back to DT, they could grab a DT in the 2nd too.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I can see the Niners trading Franklin since this draft is so deep at DT it is ridiculous. I mean, apart from Suh and McCoy, you have Jared Odrick, Brian Price and Dan Williams, who are all projected 1st round picks.

However, I don't see the Niners wanting 3 1st round picks, unless they flipped one of the picks for more 2nd and 3rd rounders. Now that would be sweet.

I could see them trading their 17 and this new pick to move up and get... Eric Berry? If they want a 3-4 end they can get Cody, they could move Sopoaga back to DT, they could grab a DT in the 2nd too.

Ah god damn that'd be sick.

Do it!!!!!!
so much for this theory.....Franchise has been applied per ESPN.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

ha
man, that would be crazy. I guess, if someone is wanting him bad enough maybe...but, willis would be pretty upset I'm almost sure of it....

He would probably think it was a sign that he's not welcome here. So, I say we keep him just to keep willis happy. We can draft an extra defensive tackle....

I say we stick with Spiller, and an OT
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Just because he's franchised doesn't mean that this theory is dead. We wouldn't be able to trade him unless we had him under contract. So now that we do, its all game to do whatever we feel is best. If we can get a 1st for Franklin, I say pull the trigger.

-Dom
Share 49ersWebzone