There are 193 users in the forums

great atricle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is on the webzone homepage as well. Great atricle on how the Niners screwed up in the Alex Smith situation

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtNPFTNNSbo7UjzhkYm7x8I5nYcB?slug=jc-directsnap022210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I thought Jed Yorks comment about not even drafting Smith if he knew about the OC turnover was telling. Maybe Jed does get it. His father and Mike Nolan clearly didn't.
I actually posted this same thing earlier.
  • HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sachie23:
This is on the webzone homepage as well. Great atricle on how the Niners screwed up in the Alex Smith situation

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtNPFTNNSbo7UjzhkYm7x8I5nYcB?slug=jc-directsnap022210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I thought Jed Yorks comment about not even drafting Smith if he knew about the OC turnover was telling. Maybe Jed does get it. His father and Mike Nolan clearly didn't.

Oh John York, how I dislike you.
Most of this "Smith Info" has already been said and more, but fair is fair and Smith wasnt given an equal oppertunity when it came to becoming an NFL starter despite his college years.
Now moving onto my idea... or even a quetion. I find it real funny that this idea hasnt been posted, or maybe I missed it from the many threads out there, but here we go. I personaily think that one or more of these coaches was just buying time. I dont think its to far fetched to think that just one of these past coaches knew that his card was going to be drawn and he was using S.F. as an Holiday Inn with no real attempted to making S.F. his address.
Im not saying that any past coach broke any rules but just because someone didnt brake any rules doesnt mean any intent was right. Consider, Is it posible that S.F. picked up a coach who was one year away from signing a huge contract somewhere else, Yes, and who wouldnt take that job. Is it posible for this situation to happen again, yes, but its funny how it happened to S.F. in almost back to back years? I just dont see any Franchise bring in any coach with a good resume with out the assumption they where staying for the long haul. I think these one years tenders can be a smoke screen and leaving a team worst off then they where.

Atricle...is that like a ventricle?
Share 49ersWebzone