There are 167 users in the forums

Who Will Be The 1st 49ers Cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by valrod33:
It should be Patrick Willis but its gonna be Michael Lewis[/quot

Are you the same guy that had that thread about Willis the other day? No offense, but you have a rather weird sense of humor. Whatever.

no that was not my thread but i did participate in that thread
Probably Smiley. Hopefully Snyder
  • fly15
  • Veteran
shaun hill
shaun hill
Originally posted by fly15:
shaun hill

Very good possibility....If he is not first, he will be in the first 3...
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Brandon Jones may make it past the 1st cuts but he's gone before the season starts, or at least he should be.

Why? He was our best WR in training camp before he got hurt. And it's not like we are overloaded with talent at the position.

I say he stays.

He had his moments, but the best receiver in camp, really?

Ziegler always looked good in camp too, should we give him $15 million to start?

Maybe he stays but I doubt he has much if any impact. I would rather see Jason Hill get his chances.

Yes, Brandon Jones was the best receiver in training camp. Coincidentally, Alex Smith was the one throwing deep bombs to him, and he didn't start until well into the season. He was on the field for maybe a dozen plays all year. At least give the guy a chance to show the team what he's got before cutting him. He and Jason Hill are the two fastest receivers on our team. It would be downright stupid to cut him.

Dare it be said, it could be Crabtree and Jones as the 1 and 2 going into next season. I don't like Josh Morgan's lack of hustle and he rarely gets separation, making our QB's jobs that much harder. Remember the Minnesota game? Up until Crabtree broke that out toward the sideline, we couldn't even complete a pass. Arnaz Battle should never see the field for the Niners again.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Brandon Jones may make it past the 1st cuts but he's gone before the season starts, or at least he should be.

Why? He was our best WR in training camp before he got hurt. And it's not like we are overloaded with talent at the position.

I say he stays.

He had his moments, but the best receiver in camp, really?

Ziegler always looked good in camp too, should we give him $15 million to start?

Maybe he stays but I doubt he has much if any impact. I would rather see Jason Hill get his chances.

Yes, Brandon Jones was the best receiver in training camp. Coincidentally, Alex Smith was the one throwing deep bombs to him, and he didn't start until well into the season. He was on the field for maybe a dozen plays all year. At least give the guy a chance to show the team what he's got before cutting him. He and Jason Hill are the two fastest receivers on our team. It would be downright stupid to cut him.

Dare it be said, it could be Crabtree and Jones as the 1 and 2 going into next season. I don't like Josh Morgan's lack of hustle and he rarely gets separation, making our QB's jobs that much harder. Remember the Minnesota game? Up until Crabtree broke that out toward the sideline, we couldn't even complete a pass. Arnaz Battle should never see the field for the Niners again.

You maybe right, but of those opportunities, Jones only had one reception. He'll get his chances in training camp and the preseason, we'll see.
Originally posted by 804Niner:
shaun hill

Might save them some scrill as well.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 804Niner:
shaun hill

Very doubtful he is released. He pretty much signed for back up money and the staff seems pretty confident in him as a back up. I think the club will wait till after the 2010 season to make adjustments to the QB position, when both Smith and Hill's contracts are up.
roman he improved his play from s**t to suck this past year and needs to go..also arnaz battle

Cody Wallace
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
roman he improved his play from s**t to suck this past year and needs to go..also arnaz battle
Ricky Schmitt
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Battle "It's time to move on"
Bly "maybe he comes back on the cheap, but we need more youth at CB"
Roman "need youth and another playmaker to pair with Goldson"
Lewis "He should retire, he is one good hit away from retirement as it is"
D. Evans "Doesn't have the size to be an effective 3-4 D-Lineman
Spikes "It's time to start McKillop"

I think Spikes is still good to go. I hope he sticks around. He and Willis pair well together.

yea Spikes has one good year left in him!
Snyder
Share 49ersWebzone