LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Guide to Drafting a QB--Article (Smith Incl.)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap022210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Well a lot like to say what belongs in what thread, but i figured since they are talking about the guide to drafting a QB and it's funny they used Smith for the main example.

Speak on it or not...
This franchise effed Smith over and set him back. However, that is now in the past. This is Smith's year to put up or shut up. Nothing less than success will be tolerated now, and that includes losing time to injuries.
Now that the damage is done, will Alex step up and learn from what he's been through or will he continue to underwhelm at the QB position? Do any of us really know???
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Now that the damage is done, will Alex step up and learn from what he's been through or will he continue to underwhelm at the QB position? Do any of us really know???

Nope, but we will find out.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

And lets hope it's sooner rather than later. I don't want to continue this Smith discussion for another 5 years...

-9fA

And lets hope it's sooner rather than later. I don't want to continue this Smith discussion for another 5 years...

We agree with one another, probably as often as there's a lunar eclipse, lol. But this time Im right there with ya. Without goin all into specifics, now that it's officially written that our organization f**ked up the kid.

I too, feel the same, that to be honest, I want the kid to play all next season. It's been a while since we've kept a QB in for a full season. Or really since Smith's last season.

But in 2010. At the end of the year, i only wanna hear two things in regards to Smith, 1. He's our future, or 2. His ass is toast with us anyways, and another team will take a chance on him. I just dont want any more what if's after 2010.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Interesting....I wonder what Jed meant, would he have not picked Alex #1 overall, or not at all? I mean, I truly believe that our previous situation would have been murder for any QB. In terms of drafting QBs....I tend to go back to what Bill Walsh was quoted saying on NFL Network.....Never draft ANY QB in the first round. U don't wanna add pressure to the kid coming out.

But now it all on him. Good luck kid, our future depends on U taking that next step.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

-9fA

We agree with one another, probably as often as there's a lunar eclipse, lol. But this time Im right there with ya. Without goin all into specifics, now that it's officially written that our organization f**ked up the kid.

I too, feel the same, that to be honest, I want the kid to play all next season. It's been a while since we've kept a QB in for a full season. Or really since Smith's last season.

But in 2010. At the end of the year, i only wanna hear two things in regards to Smith, 1. He's our future, or 2. His ass is toast with us anyways, and another team will take a chance on him. I just dont want any more what if's after 2010.

Originally posted by Nes49:
Interesting....I wonder what Jed meant, would he have not picked Alex #1 overall, or not at all? I mean, I truly believe that our previous situation would have been murder for any QB. In terms of drafting QBs....I tend to go back to what Bill Walsh was quoted saying on NFL Network.....Never draft ANY QB in the first round. U don't wanna add pressure to the kid coming out.

But now it all on him. Good luck kid, our future depends on U taking that next step.

He pretty much said that in response to if he would of known that as a team we would of had 5 different OC's, and scheme's almost every year since Smith was drafted that he may not have chose smith at all. Maybe not even a QB with the first pick. That was actually refreshing, cuz it means that York also felt the kid wasnt put in the best situation to succeed.

For Smith at the end of next year, future, or you can hand him his walking papers.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by Nes49:

He pretty much said that in response to if he would of known that as a team we would of had 5 different OC's, and scheme's almost every year since Smith was drafted that he may not have chose smith at all. Maybe not even a QB with the first pick. That was actually refreshing, cuz it means that York also felt the kid wasnt put in the best situation to succeed.

For Smith at the end of next year, future, or you can hand him his walking papers.

I believe he can succeed now, only time will tell.

Raise your hand if you did not already know all of this before April of 2005?

So whats the bottomline here, the Yorks and the GM's they hire are behind some of their own fans in this understanding?

How could they say the Niners did not understand pitfalls like Alex coming from a simple college system.....when those same concerns were well documented in Jan-March of 2005 in Draft Forum.

What a stupid and pointless article.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by danimal:

So whats the bottomline here, the Yorks and the GM's they hire are behind some of their own fans in this understanding?

How could they say the Niners did not understand pitfalls like Alex coming from a simple college system.....when those same concerns were well documented in Jan-March of 2005 in Draft Forum.

Many fans are smarter then the niner decision makers.
Originally posted by susweel:

Or at least it's easy to sound smarter when you don't have to live or die (so to say) by your decisions...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Or at least it's easy to sound smarter when you don't have to live or die (so to say) by your decisions...

If that was the case then York and McClueless would all be gone by now.

please, I don't know about you but I know for a fact that what happens on Sunday affects me much more than it affects John York(still giving Jed the benefit of the doubt)

And Nolan is now resuming his career elswhere while I am still stuck with this loser on my team.

What was your point again?
Share 49ersWebzone