There are 350 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do you think we would need to do to win it all next year?

Divine Intervention
a lot of luck.
a bunch of those plane crashes George Costanza states are inevitable
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ New Owner.
~ New Head Coach.
~ New Offensive Coordinator.
~ Better Offensive scheme.
~ New Safety.
~ Better Corners.
~ Elite Pass Rusher.
~ Better WR's. Crabtree is it. And it's a huge dropoff after him. Plus he is not fast.
~ Better KR.
~ Better PR.
~ Better Special Teams coach.
~ Better RT.
~ Better LG.
~ Better RG.
~ Better QB play whoever the QB ends up being.
~ Less PEP RALLY Timeouts and use them when it really matters in a game.
~ Coaching instead of Pep Rally's.

You seemed to divide issues that could have been summed up with one point instead of six to make your argument seem more valid (or more like a laundry list). A new OC would most likely bring with him a new scheme, so no need to list both on here. Same with other issues. Just say better ST and not "New ST coach, new PR, new KR.

You always beat a dead horse and want to make us seem worse than we really are. I'm already skeptical enough of this team and I already want to give them less credit than they deserve. You just go above and beyond that for what seems to be a need for attention.

In truth, your list is excessive and flawed. A better QB (or better QB play), an OL man or two, new face in the secondary and game-breaker like Spiller who could handle RB and return duties would have this team sitting very pretty. Hell, take one of those needs off of my list and we'd still have a very good squad.

Stop being overly negative for the sake of spotlight, it really gets tiring. If you're not seeking attention then please find a new team to root for. Who enjoys rooting for a team that they ceaselessly and excessively bash?

he's not offbase at all. it's just not convenient or pleasant to hear as fans. Do you want people to tell you what you want to hear in these kind of threads? We're not even close to SP contention right now.
Originally posted by Shaj:
~ New Owner.
~ New Head Coach.
~ New Safety.
~ Better Corners.
~ Elite Pass Rusher.
~ Better WR's. Crabtree is it. And it's a huge dropoff after him. Plus he is not fast.
~ Better KR.
~ Better PR.
~ Better RT.
~ Better LG.
~ Better RG.

You seemed to divide issues that could have been summed up with one point instead of six to make your argument seem more valid (or more like a laundry list). A new OC would most likely bring with him a new scheme, so no need to list both on here. Same with other issues. Just say better ST and not "New ST coach, new PR, new KR.

You always beat a dead horse and want to make us seem worse than we really are. I'm already skeptical enough of this team and I already want to give them less credit than they deserve. You just go above and beyond that for what seems to be a need for attention.

In truth, your list is excessive and flawed. A better QB (or better QB play), an OL man or two, new face in the secondary and game-breaker like Spiller who could handle RB and return duties would have this team sitting very pretty. Hell, take one of those needs off of my list and we'd still have a very good squad.

Stop being overly negative for the sake of spotlight, it really gets tiring. If you're not seeking attention then please find a new team to root for. Who enjoys rooting for a team that they ceaselessly and excessively bash?

he's not offbase at all. it's just not convenient or pleasant to hear as fans. Do you want people to tell you what you want to hear in these kind of threads? We're not even close to SP contention right now.

I am as critical as they come. And for the most part webzoners greatly underestimate the other 31 teams. But sometimes us "realists" can over state them too.

Fixing all those issues would pretty much make this a perfect team. In todays NFL, it is common for the Super Bowl Champion to have 1 area of weakness. If we fixed half of those issues we would be a contender. Of course, it is also hard in the NFL to fill many needs in a single off season....really just fixing one of those issues is a pretty good off season
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by danimal:
~ New Owner.
~ New Head Coach.
~ New Safety.
~ Better Corners.
~ Elite Pass Rusher.
~ Better KR.
~ Better PR.
~ Better RT.
~ Better LG.
~ Better RG.

I am as critical as they come. And for the most part webzoners greatly underestimate the other 31 teams. But sometimes us "realists" can over state them too.

Fixing all those issues would pretty much make this a perfect team. In todays NFL, it is common for the Super Bowl Champion to have 1 area of weakness. If we fixed half of those issues we would be a contender. Of course, it is also hard in the NFL to fill many needs in a single off season....really just fixing one of those issues is a pretty good off season

OK, let's talk minimums then. We need someone who has a 12 - 15 point higher passer rating that Alex Smith did last year (with consistency) and we need a solid RT. With those two things, we could make a dent in the playoffs. But if you want to talk SB, the conversation goes longer than that.
Originally posted by danimal:
~ New Owner.
~ New Head Coach.
~ New Safety.
~ Better Corners.
~ Elite Pass Rusher.
~ Better KR.
~ Better PR.
~ Better RT.
~ Better LG.
~ Better RG.

OK, let's talk minimums then. We need someone who has a 12 - 15 point higher passer rating that Alex Smith did last year (with consistency) and we need a solid RT. With those two things, we could make a dent in the playoffs. But if you want to talk SB, the conversation goes longer than that.

You know the simplistic approach I like to use(probably overly simplistic). I like to fix holes in order of how long they have been holes.

And boy do we have some long standing issues up there.

Right out the gate I am going to say we have not had good production from the QB1 spot since Jeff Garcia.
we would need alex smith's balls to finally drop.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by elguapo:
a good OL and a little improvement from smith....already have the Defense, rb and TE to win it all

Thats all we need???