LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

This being an uncapped year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Teams can unload overpaid players that do not produce. Without a cap there is no negative effect from unloading these players. Who should the Niners unload?
clements
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
clements

I think Clements will be asked to restructure before they flat out cut him.
Originally posted by JoeMontana:
clements

You aren't seriously suggesting that we may cut Clements are you?
Originally posted by English:
clements

I think 49erforlife420 was suggesting that, I was just saying that before they even contemplated cutting him I am sure they would ask for a restructure of his overblown shutdown corner salary. He has never been a shutdown corner for us. That being said, yes maybe they would cut him if he did not restructure.
Originally posted by English:
clements

I think 49erforlife420 was suggesting that, I was just saying that before they even contemplated cutting him I am sure they would ask for a restructure of his overblown shutdown corner salary. He has never been a shutdown corner for us. That being said, yes maybe they would cut him if he did not restructure.

Boys, we have a bundle of wants. Right tackle, guard, OLB, safety. P/k-r for starters. Let's not make more needs unnecessarily. Clements is a good player.
Sign Reggie bush, and any other players that can help us win!!!!
Clemens SUX, mov him to SAFETY!!!!
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

So he can "SUX" in a different position?

Clements has been the strongest player in our secondary from the day he walked in the door.

I agree he's over paid & has had a couple bad games ( white vs ATL particularly) but Nate chops running backs down like trees, if you don't tuck that ball he'll pop it out and when healthy he is a force on the field.

So we probably wont cut him

Now as for the thread topic..

Scot's hasnt really over paid to many players besides Clements making this a tough question. If I was GM id consider releasing M. Lewis, B. Jones & I. Sopaga, only if clear upgrades were available. I like all three for various reasons but I question whether they will produce much in the future.

[ Edited by GMniner805 on Feb 18, 2010 at 09:56:37 ]

I think teams will do business as usual as already stated by several owners this year. The Cap is so high now that it's almost a non factor. It's not like the past where teams were struggling to get under by the deadline.
I really don't think there's anyone on the current roster we need to cut for salary's sake.

Actually this being an uncapped year we can just pay Clements' salary and not whine about it. Is he worth his contract? No. If we cut him will we be a better team? No.

I think the best way to use the uncapped year is to extend players like Willis, Vernon, & Goldson and accelerate as much money as the Yorks can afford to this year which will give them more room to manuever in the future.

Roger?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

So he can "SUX" in a different position?

haha... That would SUX for sure!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I really don't think there's anyone on the current roster we need to cut for salary's sake.

Actually this being an uncapped year we can just pay Clements' salary and not whine about it. Is he worth his contract? No. If we cut him will we be a better team? No.

I think the best way to use the uncapped year is to extend players like Willis, Vernon, & Goldson and accelerate as much money as the Yorks can afford to this year which will give them more room to manuever in the future.

I agree, but I also agree and was surprised that it took so long for someone to suggest we part ways with Brandon Jones.
Share 49ersWebzone