There are 225 users in the forums

New York Times take on 2009 49ers..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Link

From the article:"Versatile OLB Manny Lawson improved but was still only a decent finesse option. That’s better than his counterpart, Parys Haralson. Haralson was quiet enough to make the four-year contract he signed in April ’09 look like grand larceny."

Wow....
Andy Benoit is pretty f*cking stupid.

Its fairly obvious that he didn't watch us play very much.
its true, haralson didnt do s**t this year.
Haralson had a very quiet season. But I guess its the way the 9ers use him. The 9ers did pretty well for playing so safe. With better safety play maybe they can play more agressively and do more with the OLBs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k New York

West Siiiide !!!
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k New York

West Siiiide !!!

Yeah, I'm not sure if Smith has of a noodle arm as they're portraying.

That, and their 'needs' list is completely off.

-9fA
These guys are lame. Who gives a crap what they think. All I know is A.Smith is a first ballot HOFer.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

He may be stupid, but from the quote above he hit the nail on the head.
He lost me at ameliorate.

WTF film were they watching. They could have got all that crap from f**king yahoo sports. They probably saw no film other than probably MNF.

I love how these lazy journalists get ahold of a stat sheet and automatically think they know everything.
I don't know the writer and don't read the NY Times. However, why would I care what some writer in NY says about the 49ers? It's not like the Giants tore up the NFC.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

He may be stupid, but from the quote above he hit the nail on the head.

Yup...but if you read the whole article, you'll find some really interesting points. I was particularly touched by his observation that our secondary looked sharp, but for some injuries.

I was also moved by his observation that Joe Staley is average in pass protection, and a below average run blocker.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Haralson had a very quiet season. But I guess its the way the 9ers use him. The 9ers did pretty well for playing so safe. With better safety play maybe they can play more agressively and do more with the OLBs.

I hope we get a great young safety to compliment Goldson in the draft.
How the f**k would a NY Times writer know anything about the 49ers? It must be nice to be paid for doing a half ass job.
Share 49ersWebzone