Vic Carucci is a s**tbag

haha bingo!
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Our division is pathetic

We just better pray McNabb doesn't end up with the Eagles or any other team in the West for that matter.

You mean Cardinals?
who makes power rankings in February...

they just finished the season. wait until we see injuries, f/a movement, the draft, etc.

power rankings now are useless.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I don't like it that we're being picked as the "up-and-coming" team again. Every time this happens, something goes wrong.

We need to fly under the radar.

well i personally don't believe in hocus pocus and jinxes. You are correct that we haven't fared well in recent years when picked as an up and comer. But this team, IMO, IS much more talented than teams past that had high expectations.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
who makes power rankings in February...

they just finished the season. wait until we see injuries, f/a movement, the draft, etc.

power rankings now are useless.

Pretty much, but after the Superbowl and before Free Agency and Draft stuff there really isnt much for NFL writers to talk about.
I don't like it that we're being picked as the "up-and-coming" team again. Every time this happens, something goes wrong.

Sad but true.
Originally posted by Tombo:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Our division is pathetic

We just better pray McNabb doesn't end up with the Eagles or any other team in the West for that matter.

You mean Cardinals?

LOL.....I knew it was some kind of a bird....

Oh please, if something was going to happen it would happen whether they had us ranked where we should be or dead last in the NFL. If you actually believe in a jinx or superstitions, you need help. I walk under ladders, step on cracks and open umbrellas indoors for the hell of it because I know nothing happens. If we suck next year, we were gonna suck whether we flew under the radar or hogged the spotlight all offseason.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Feb 16, 2010 at 10:16:51 ]
I can't feel good putting us anywhere above 15. Just can't
Originally posted by Youngone:
I can't feel good putting us anywhere above 15. Just can't

I think that a good barometer of where a team is, is the draft order.

And on that basis, we are just an average team. Everything else is hope.

-9fA

I need help because of a post? LOL? Really?

If you would read things and make sure you understand them before you type a response, you'd realize I said if you believe in superstitions and jinxes then you need help. Not because of your post, but because you'd be living life trying to avoid what is not there.

So go ahead and "LOL" one more time and ask if my post is reality again, it won't change anything.

Regardless of whether teams take notice, we will beat them if we're good enough to do so. Period.
I got us at #20 and not winning the division. But I have not updated since the Warner retirement, obviously that does not change my ranking so much but it does put us on top of the NFC West.

Geesh, who ever wins this division is most likely gonna get murdered in the playoffs
Originally posted by danimal:
I got us at #20 and not winning the division. But I have not updated since the Warner retirement, obviously that does not change my ranking so much but it does put us on top of the NFC West.

Geesh, who ever wins this division is most likely gonna get murdered in the playoffs

kind of like the cardinals did against the saints?

Let's see. We finished at 8-8. We will have for the first time in many years the same QB and OC in consecutive years, we will have a QB that may be past his 'dysfunctional' stage (Urban Meyer), and an HC who may have learned a thing or two. So you have us ranked at #20...?!?!

I remember '81 very well but you may or may not. The point is that the chemistry and composition of a team may not be obvious to folks who have a bias about an outcome one way or another.

I dunno but I'll bet YOU that we are way past #20...playoffs anyone? How about a little wager?
Originally posted by nyfl9erfan:

Let's see. We finished at 8-8. We will have for the first time in many years the same QB and OC in consecutive years, we will have a QB that may be past his 'dysfunctional' stage (Urban Meyer), and an HC who may have learned a thing or two. So you have us ranked at #20...?!?!

I remember '81 very well but you may or may not. The point is that the chemistry and composition of a team may not be obvious to folks who have a bias about an outcome one way or another.

I dunno but I'll bet YOU that we are way past #20...playoffs anyone? How about a little wager?

dude, betting with other zoners would be absolutely criminal of me. You know how many years I have been predicting this drought for???

BTW, power rankings don't have anything to do with playoffs...because every division must send at least one team to the playoffs. A power ranking is suppose to illustrate how teams stack up assuming there were no divisions or conferences.
Share 49ersWebzone