Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Morgan has played well, but Crabtree needs to get the ball more. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Crabtree was blocking real well tonight.

It is still early in his career, but he looks like another McClueless epic fail, not producing the way a 10th overall pick should have. Dez Bryant looks like a better pick up than Crabtree, granted he has Romo throwing to him, but that punt return was nice as hell.

^epic fail

It's an epic fail if you think that Crabtree has been worth 10 overall so far. Hindsight, I would rather had had Orakpo, Cushing, Harvin, Matthews, Vonte Davis, Knox, or Nicks.

It is still very early, but you're insane if you think he has been worth 10 overall

Vernon Davis never looked like a #6 overall, or even a first rounder, until last season.

Why has the Morgan thread been hijacked to a Crabtree thread?

cuz niner talk likes to give eveyone the alex smith treatment
The slowest starting WR in the NFL. I'm not too hyped about him. He's open because the double team falls on VD and Crabtree. So Alex trusts him and he is more open by default. We could use a better #2.
Morgan has played well, but Crabtree needs to get the ball more. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

It is still early in his career, but he looks like another McClueless epic fail, not producing the way a 10th overall pick should have. Dez Bryant looks like a better pick up than Crabtree, granted he has Romo throwing to him, but that punt return was nice as hell.

Crabtree looked good last year so you are making this bust judgement based on two games.

And in your other post you project Morgan as a No 1 receiver based on 70 yards production.

Don't think so.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The slowest starting WR in the NFL. I'm not too hyped about him. He's open because the double team falls on VD and Crabtree. So Alex trusts him and he is more open by default. We could use a better #2.

I think Josh Morgan's speed is definitely underrated on the webzone
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Or you could look at it from the perspective that teams double-cover Crabtree and/or Vernon Davis, leaving Morgan to go one-on-one with their number 2 cornerback.

I'm glad he's producing in this role though. Hopefully, he actually excels so that defenses get so confused on whether to double-cover him, Crabs, VD, or put 8 men in the box against Gore.

Agreed. He needs to continue doing this in order to pressure opossing defenses. I wanted/thought the 49ers would make a push for Housh given he was basically cheap. Hopefully, Morgan will continue producing.
He's been Alex's main WR so far...part of that is because Josh had a full preseason, Crabtree didn't. Michael will be fine...he just needs a couple of games under his belt, I'd expect to see him become a lot bigger part of the passing game now.
It seems as though Smith has 3 targets: Davis, Gore, and Morgan. Crabtree seems more like an afterthought, therefore Morgan is going to get more catches. Morgan is good playmaker. Not great, but definitely a good clutch reciever.
We got out $'s worth out of this pick.

I don't see him ever being a prime target any time soon though.

^epic fail

It's an epic fail if you think that Crabtree has been worth 10 overall so far. Hindsight, I would rather had had Orakpo, Cushing, Harvin, Matthews, Vonte Davis, Knox, or Nicks.

It is still very early, but you're insane if you think he has been worth 10 overall

Where do they do drafts Hindsight? Last time I checked Crabtree 2 biletnikoff awards Bryant none. He led all rookie WR's in yds a game so what more do you want from him. A 1000yds in 2 games? Not to mention your smoking some good stuff if you rather have Harvin over Crabtree. Harvin can't even complete a full practice let alone a game and he isn't a number 1 target. But as they say Haters gonna Hate

Dez Bryant through his first 2 career games 10 rec 108yds 0 Tds
Crabtree through his first 2 career games 11 rec 137 yds 0 Tds

Yeah obviously Bryant is sooo far ahead of Crabtree he is sooo amazing. Not to mention the god Tony Romo throwing him the ball
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Sep 23, 2010 at 7:13 AM ]
Originally posted by redmanc07:

^epic fail

Where do they do drafts Hindsight? Last time I checked Crabtree 2 biletnikoff awards Bryant none. He led all rookie WR's in yds a game so what more do you want from him. A 1000yds in 2 games? Not to mention your smoking some good stuff if you rather have Harvin over Crabtree. Harvin can't even complete a full practice let alone a game and he isn't a number 1 target. But as they say Haters gonna Hate

Yeah obviously Bryant is sooo far ahead of Crabtree he is sooo amazing. Not to mention the god Tony Romo throwing him the ball

both of you guys are kinda right

going back in the draft based on needs and potential i wouldve still took crabtree however he is not playing like a number 10 pick should he still playing like a 1st rounder the potential is there IMO he just needs to lose that cocky attitude similar to what vernon had and he will be a beast

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by redmanc07:

^epic fail

both of you guys are kinda right

going back in the draft based on needs and potential i wouldve still took crabtree however he is not playing like a number 10 pick should he still playing like a 1st rounder the potential is there IMO he just needs to lose that cocky attitude similar to what vernon had and he will be a beast

Im not saying he is playing like a number 10 pick because by starts he hasn't even played a full seasons worth of games. I just find it ridiculous how much criticism one guy is taking for not leading the league in receiving right away. Its almost like he is expected to be JR but he was one of a kind.

I don't have a problem with this attitude. He plays with that same attitude whether its running after the catch or blocking. He had some obvious rust in week 1 but I kept hearing how open he was in NO from the guys calling the game. He will be fine.
Does anyone else think after two weeks he, not Crabtree, has proved to be our definitive #1 receiver?

Morgan
Week 1: 3 REC, 33 YDS
Week 2: 6 REC, 70 YDS

Crabtree
Week 1: 2 REC, 12 YDS
Week 2: 1 REC, 32 YDS

I would argue that Morgans grabs are just as or more impressive than Crabtree's, plus he doesn't have a piss poor attitude like Crabtree does doesn't fight with teammates, doesn't hold out of contracts. It seems like he just wants to play. He made a hell of a grab on our last drive.

Any thoughts?

Morgan has looked better through two games, but doesn't have half of Crabtree's talent. And on top of that, he has had a bad attitude many times while being a member of this football team. He has been a straight up loser on and off of the field on several occasions.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Does anyone else think after two weeks he, not Crabtree, has proved to be our definitive #1 receiver?

Morgan

Crabtree

I would argue that Morgans grabs are just as or more impressive than Crabtree's, plus he doesn't have a piss poor attitude like Crabtree does doesn't fight with teammates, doesn't hold out of contracts. It seems like he just wants to play. He made a hell of a grab on our last drive.

Any thoughts?

Morgan has looked better through two games, but doesn't have half of Crabtree's talent. And on top of that, he has had a bad attitude many times while being a member of this football team. He has been a straight up loser on and off of the field on several occasions.

Off the field? When?? He's been a pretty good teammate for what I remember.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Morgan

Crabtree

Any thoughts?

I'm happy we have Josh Morgan, he is one reliable dude!
Share 49ersWebzone