LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

is A. Franklin worth $7million for 1 year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
What we should do is not franchise franklin but let him walk if he wants alot of money instead we should put isaac sopoaga at nose in his stead or even try balmer there! Use the money we would use on franklins franchise to sign an immediate impact player like peppers and this would allow us to draft for playmakers in the first round. Come on and give it to me fellas!

Do you watch 49er football? Soap or Balmer at NT are you serious?

no
All I know is they are never going to get better if they don't pay up to keep their good players.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
All I know is they are never going to get better if they don't pay up to keep their good players.

BINGO!!!

at some point when there's a solid core of pros on our team who know what it takes to win,
then you can let a star or two walk from time to time, but until that time,
if you dont keep your best players (and franklin is DEFINITELY one of ours)
you will just keep drafting to keep your cupboards half full and never turn the corner.

YES! he is worth it. and i hope to see him get a decent extension mid next season.
if we sign him for 5 years at an avg of 5-6 mil i think he is very worth it
my understanding is DT's seem to play longer than DE's and stay effective. he's 29...there are some very good DT's in this league who play well into their 30's..see pat williams, i don't recall some of the other names off the top of my head but DT's do tend to age slower so I am all for franchising him and trying to get him signed long term.

he is crucial to protect our stud patrick
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

I asked her if she wanted some of this d**k.

Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think that would be a bad move to give him that kind of loot. PWillis would want upwards of $10-$12mill a year if you give AF that kind of contract franchised or not!

What other NT could we get for $5-$7million a year?

Put sopoaga big sorry but on the nose or that other sorry dt named balmer either one of these guys can replace franklin!
Franklin is one of the biggest reasons Willis and Spikes make so many plays...once he had the freedom to flourish, Abrayo's done exactly that. Nolan was right to bring him on board...he just didn't simplify the defense to take best advantage of his skills. Singletary's done that...so, yeah, he's worth the $$. It'd be better if they can re-sign him, but franchising gives management another year to make the deal...money well spent.
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think that would be a bad move to give him that kind of loot. PWillis would want upwards of $10-$12mill a year if you give AF that kind of contract franchised or not!

What other NT could we get for $5-$7million a year?

Put sopoaga big sorry but on the nose or that other sorry dt named balmer either one of these guys can replace franklin!

No they can't Balmer is raw and Soap sucks.
uhhhh. yeah. we need that beast plugging up the middle.
He ain't worth more than Janokowski..........4 years $16 mil
Share 49ersWebzone