LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

is A. Franklin worth $7million for 1 year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think that would be a bad move to give him that kind of loot. PWillis would want upwards of $10-$12mill a year if you give AF that kind of contract franchised or not!

What other NT could we get for $5-$7million a year?
Yes he's worth it. Hopefully they can work a long deal out during the season. Then again I hope he doesn't stop playing hard after getting paid like that.

And as for PWilly -- give him ANYTHING he wants.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Feb 12, 2010 at 16:11:58 ]
Too bad TDON drafted Rashaun Woods instead of Vince Wilfork
yes
yup
Heeeeellll no
Yes is he. He is a clog for our defense. He allows Willis to do what he does best and Willis knows how important Franklin is and has said so to the media. If you don't retain Franklin, Willis may not be too happy.

[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Feb 12, 2010 at 16:34:44 ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Ain't my money, pay the man.
He is if we run a one-gap 3-4 base defense.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Yes is he. He is a clog for our defense. He allows Willis to do what he does best and Willis knows how important Franklin is and has said so to the media. If you don't retain Franklin, Willis may not be too happy.

How many years has he been with the niners? what ever it is..this year(contract year) is the only year he showed up to play

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Chief:
Ain't my money, pay the man.
anchor of the defense... yes, pay the man
In the big scheme of things is anyone worth that much a year...why even franchise any player all it does is makes them mad and they will be out the door as soon as they get the chance
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

How many years has he been with the niners? what ever it is..this year(contract year) is the only year he showed up to play

Exactly, A. Plummer all over again!

The only thing good about the franchise tag is you can let him go if he doesn't produce during that expensive @$$ one year!
Share 49ersWebzone