There are 248 users in the forums

goal line stand

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by prime21:
The Colts goal line stand? C'mon Man! Totally a non factor in All-Time goal lines stands, #1-The Colts Fu@*!%& lost! - #2- doesnt matter cause they lost! This thread would be completely useless if not for acknowledging the fact that the 81 Super Bowl goal line stance could be THEE Greatest of All-Time! #3-This is the Niners Webzone, not the Colts/Peyton Manning 4 president Webzone! Stop riding the Colts jock, and choose your loyalties, Ninerhood is a very serious subject with me, so choose now and choose wisely!

I guess you did not read the part where I said that the niners stand was better. Calm down turbo.
Originally posted by pelos21:
I remember that! It was at Philly too.

Sorry, it was at the stick.

I was there for that game, rained all morning up till game time. Thanks to the Football gods.
Originally posted by RaiderHater90:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
The colts lost

/thread
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 5rings:
Is the niners goal line stand back in 81 still the greatest in super bowl history? The colts stand in this last super bowl was pretty awesome!! I still think the niners stand was better, but I am a niner fan, I so supposed to think it is better. What do you guys think?

the colts goal line stand was an everyday stand. it was impressive, but stopping someone on the goal line on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th downs isnt THAT rare. plus they lost, and it wasnt a significant stop in the grand scheme of the game.

the 81 stand is by far the best. it went 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

7 in a row from the 2 foot line, and it kept the Bengals out and shut the door on their comeback.

I don't recall them getting 7 cracks at it. I thought it was just 4 downs.

I remember the goal line stand by the Niners vs. the Eagles in like 2002 or something. That was a 7 or 8 play stand. It ended with the Niners picking off McNabb in the endzone.
Originally posted by prime21:
The Colts goal line stand? C'mon Man! Totally a non factor in All-Time goal lines stands, #1-The Colts Fu@*!%& lost! - #2- doesnt matter cause they lost! This thread would be completely useless if not for acknowledging the fact that the 81 Super Bowl goal line stance could be THEE Greatest of All-Time! #3-This is the Niners Webzone, not the Colts/Peyton Manning 4 president Webzone! Stop riding the Colts jock, and choose your loyalties, Ninerhood is a very serious subject with me, so choose now and choose wisely!

I guess you did not read the part where I said that the niners stand was better. Calm down turbo.

Apparently I did Slick.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by RaiderHater90:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
The colts lost

/thread
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I was there for that game, rained all morning up till game time. Thanks to the Football gods.

Yes it was. I was also there going crazy! That was a hell of a stand!
  • mod
  • Veteran
we still talkin about this?
Originally posted by jprchrds:
I was born in 81

12-10-1981... Exactly 30 days before montana to clark.... but i still think the best goal line stand ever didn't happen in a super bowl it happens in december 2001. Philly had 7 plays from our 1 yard line!!!! we stuffed them they got a first down on a phantom penalty and we stuffed them again... never will forget that game i was watching with my best friend who is has been dead since may of 2006 and was a huge eagles fan... we had wars over who was better since child hood walker and cunningham or joe cool and rice........NINERS

I was at that game....I remember the Niners sent out a poster of it with the season tickets the following year.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Feb 12, 2010 at 16:24:16 ]
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yes it was. I was also there going crazy! That was a hell of a stand!

Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Is the niners goal line stand back in 81 still the greatest in super bowl history? The colts stand in this last super bowl was pretty awesome!! I still think the niners stand was better, but I am a niner fan, I so supposed to think it is better. What do you guys think?

the colts goal line stand was an everyday stand. it was impressive, but stopping someone on the goal line on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th downs isnt THAT rare. plus they lost, and it wasnt a significant stop in the grand scheme of the game.

the 81 stand is by far the best. it went 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

7 in a row from the 2 foot line, and it kept the Bengals out and shut the door on their comeback.

I don't recall them getting 7 cracks at it. I thought it was just 4 downs.

I remember the goal line stand by the Niners vs. the Eagles in like 2002 or something. That was a 7 or 8 play stand. It ended with the Niners picking off McNabb in the endzone.

it was in december of 2001, i already beat ya to it
niners was a lot better b/c 1. They won the game and 2. The stand was closer to the goal line being that the saints were pushed back due to a 5 yard false start penalty so it was about 8 yards back.....not 2 or 3 yards.

It wasn't in Philly. It was at The Stick. And here's my back up. In fact this even comes from the Eagles website.

Ealges 3 @ 49ers 13
I liked in 95 when the bills were at our 1yd line and on 1st and goal gary plummer socked the bejesus out of the bills rb as he lunged 4 our goalline and the rb dropped the pill, lee woodall picked it up and ran it back 96yds for a 17-10 lead late in the 3rd qtr. A 14pt swing right there at our goalline mano e mano in a defensive struggle up to that point. Manball right there, should've been the hit of the yr but wasn't even on sportscenter's list
chipped beef and gravy vs filet migon
Share 49ersWebzone