4. Unitas
5. Manning
6. Favre
7. Young
8. Marino
9. Otto G.
10. Fran Tarkentan. Fixed

really you put favre over young?

young was way more accurate, and didnt choke anywhere near as hard as favre always does.

No offense to the greatness of Steve, but careerwise Favre has had a better one. He's at least played in two Super Bowls. Not that that is Steve's fault. He should have played in two as well as he got us there when Joe was injured and then was told "Sorry but we're going with Joe".

I hate the guy but I gotta give him the slight edge over Steve.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Feb 11, 2010 at 2:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by servegmo:
yes he is a little off on his rankings:

1. Montana
2. Brady
3. Elway
4. Unitas
5. Manning
6. Favre
7. Young
8. Marino
9. Otto G.
10. Frank T.

young was way more accurate, and didnt choke anywhere near as hard as favre always does.

No offense to the greatness of Steve, but careerwise Favre has had a better one. He's at least played in two Super Bowls. Not that that is Steve's fault. He should have played in two as well as he got us there when Joe was injured and then was told "Sorry but we're going with Joe".

I hate the guy but I gotta give him the slight edge over Steve.

~Ceadder

True
Quote:
How would he perform in an era when DBs were actually allowed to defend receivers?

lol they did!
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Once again they are wrong!!

Mike Sando at ESPN wrote Montana was 3-0 in the Superbowl.. No he was not, Montana was 4-0 with 3 MVP's...

Now this other idiot is saying Montana had Rice for 3 of his 4 Superbowls.. Once again!!! FALSE!! Montana had Rice for 2 Superbowls, not 3... The idiot writes, Brady was throwing to Troy Brown... Does he not remember Deion Branch, David Patten, all viable recievers?!?!?! You mean to tell me that Dwight Clark and Freddie Soloman where that much better to throw too, if at all, who Montana had his first 2 Superbowls, and did not have Craig out of the backfield till his second? Don't get me wrong, not trying to knock Dwight or Freddie, loved em, but they were not super top flight receivers either!

How would Montana do in an era where DB's could actually defend? Uh, hey dips**t, Elway played in the same era as Montana, so that would apply to him too.. Really Elway above Montana!!!! Elway lost 3 Superbowls! 2 IN A ROW!!!!! AND 3 IN A 4 YEAR SPAN!!!!!

And in head to head against Montana, Elway got blown out in the biggest margin of victory in Superbowl History 55-10!!!! Montana threw a then record 5 TD passes against the #1 Defense that year in Denver.. They had one of the best NT in Greg Kragen, one of the best LBers in Karl Mecklenburg and an All-Pro Secondary featuring Steve Atwater, Dennis Smith and Tyrone Braxton!!!

Whitlock is a freakin moron!!!!

Email that to him!!!
Elway is the 2nd most overrated QB of all time right behind Joe Namath. He had more mediocre seasons than great seasons. Through the first 10 years of his career he had 1 season with a higher QB rating than Alex Smith's 81.5 that he had this year.. and that is really really really really really really really really really really really really really realllllllllly sad.
Oh and one other thing I noticed in my last reply.

Hot the FOK do Otto G and Marino make the list. If we're talking careers here?

Two guys that should make this list and are NOTICEABLY absent are Jim Plunkett and Terry Bradshaw.

Both are 1.000 in the big game. Yet both are left off? I think that Marino was a hell of a QB but the whiny excuse that he didn't have a RUn game doesn't cut the mustard. Cause they didn't want a Run Game. That is the greatness of Marino's numbers. If you put add a 1500 yard Back in the mix then Marinos numbers are not there. They just aren't So I really wish people would get off the man's jock already. He doesn't deserve the adoration imho.

Otto G. A hell of a QB. But why not Roman Gabriel? Or Brodie? or Tittle? Or Stabler? Or hell lets nominate Fouts to this list while we're at it?

This is a CAREER list true? While I admire the great QBs' some should be elevated for their overall career. Both Plunkett and Bradshaw had it in spades when it came to post season success.

~Ceadder
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
One guy had the perfect comment for the Garbage that the fatman wrote.

Quote:
Over Montana???? What the hell are you smoking, Whitlock????? An triple onion burger???
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by servegmo:
yes he is a little off on his rankings:

1. Montana
2. Brady
3. Elway
4. Unitas
5. Manning
6. Favre
7. Young
8. Marino
9. Otto G.
10. Frank T.

yes he was more accurate yet Young lost all but one playoff game against him so yes it hurt me to put him ahead, but at that time he had our number... and I always said that one of the reasons I consider Montana the best was because he beat the best QBs (Elway, Marino) in the playoffs or SB, so I cant put Young ahead of a player he lost lost so many playoff games... (aikman to me doesn't qualify because those cowboys teams feature the runner Emmit S. and not the passer)
the punk must b a Broncos fan!...

Joe dominated Elway in almost every way u can think of...and he even proved it on the game's biggest stage SB XXIV!
Shouldn't Druckenmiller be on that list somewhere??
  • PlayAction
  • Info N/A
"Shouldn't Druckenmiller be on that list somewhere?? " (roflmao)

...since there's been so much talk about great qb's having great wrecs to throw to?
I nominate Rashaun (Bassmaster) Woods.....just think of all the what iffs...
what if he played with Montana, instead of Clark & Solomon?
what if he played with Young instead of Rice & Jones?

Niners again in super bowl 2010!!
actually he said montana had rice for 2 superbowls.. he was right there... but he also said he'd like to see how joe did when db's were aloud to cover. they were aloud to cover way more in the eighties than they are now when its against the rules to even look at the man your covering
Dan't hate the playa, hate the game.

Originally posted by BobS:
Once someone doesn't put Montana on the top of their QB list, I stop listening to them.

I agree 100%!! Steve Young was my favorite personally. I was born in 1981 so when Joe was playing I was really young, so I have better memories of Steve playing. But its obvious that Montana was better than anyone who ever played including John Elway. Johnny Unitas would be number 2 on my list cuz I love watching old school NFL.
Elway had to have a RB to win it all. Montana did it in spite of a RB.

Case closed.