LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

49ers or Cowboys in Hall of Fame game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Typically they pick an NFC team versus an AFC team. Last year was an exception with two AFC teams. This year they have Rice and Smith going in. Do they do the smart thing and have 49ers vs Cowboys or go with tradition and pick one of the two? I want to go for the induction but would like to go to the game too. If it is a Cowboys game, it is not really worth it to watch that. But I have a feeling that they might go with the more popular team.
We probably won't be in it. Heard they would be hesitant to have us play 5 preseason games and a london game. I say just replace one of the 4 preseason games with the HOF game, but that's my 2 cents.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
We probably won't be in it. Heard they would be hesitant to have us play 5 preseason games and a london game. I say just replace one of the 4 preseason games with the HOF game, but that's my 2 cents.

Your 2 cents makes too much sense which is why it won't ever happen.
That game should feature us against the Cowboys since our fans will be out there anyway!

Which is stupid because the Cowboys play at least 8 nationally televised games per year. I'm sure we could handle a couple.
am i the only one who doesnt watch preseason?
why can't they just have the hall of fame game count as 1 of the 4
Originally posted by ghostrider:

Which is stupid because the Cowboys play at least 8 nationally televised games per year. I'm sure we could handle a couple.

it's not about nationally televised, it's about the extra game mixed with the fact we travel to another continent for one of our games. If they want a west coast team to play in another country it should be mexico, leave london to a team on the east coast.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Which is why you have no idea who Nate Davis is
As much as I'd love to see us kick off a HOF game on National TV (and give Nate Davis probably 2 closing starts in the pre-season) teams which usually play 5 pre-season games rack up injury problems earlier in the regular season/and or don't make it to the playoffs, period.

I mean we have to go to f**kin' Europe as well.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Which is why you have no idea who Nate Davis is

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
As much as I'd love to see us kick off a HOF game on National TV (and give Nate Davis probably 2 closing starts in the pre-season) teams which usually play 5 pre-season games rack up injury problems earlier in the regular season/and or don't make it to the playoffs, period.

I mean we have to go to f**kin' Europe as well.

That's why we are saying it makes sense to just have it be one of the 4 games. I don't see why they don't always do that instead of having 2 teams play an extra game anyways.
Playing in the HOF game and 5 pre-season games total is not going to tax our team too much. Starters will not play much in that game. And yes match-up should be 49ers vs. cowboys. Just like last year it was two AFC teams, Bills and Titans. Two NFC teams can play in it this year.
[ Edited by Jamespowers on Feb 11, 2010 at 1:30 PM ]
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Doubt it's the Niners though it would be nice. We're going to London as well, so I can't see the competition committee putting the extra playing time on us.
I did hear Maiocco (sp?) say that the NFL would be hesitant with the preaseason games and London, but I definitely plan on going if the Niners are playing, it's only about a 7 hour drive from Philly, AND I get to see my all-time favorite player get inducted. What could be better?
Share 49ersWebzone