Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by GEEK:
You are missing one stat though:

Montana: 4-0
Aikman: 3-0
Brady: 3-1
Warner: 1-2

Not to mention 3 MVPs and 1 John Candy

And Joe beat (actually thoroughly outclassed and outplayed) 2 HOF QBs in 2 of the 4 (Marino / Elway)

no further questions, your honor.
Originally posted by GEEK:
You are missing one stat though:

Montana: 4-0
Aikman: 3-0
Brady: 3-1
Warner: 1-2

should have asterisk or just put adam vinatieri after his 3 wins
Originally posted by elguapo:
done deal, montana is easily the best....and for all those who want to say he had a lot of help on offense.....HELLO MCFLY....81 and 84 our offensive players were not that good at all. Clark and Craig after that......nothing much to brag about. Montana did it 2 times w/o Rice taylor jones rathman....and so on

Seriously, I honestly question the stupidity of all these haters when Joe Montana's slick accuracy made guys like Freddy Solomon look like pro bowlers!

Joe Montana made MVP and countless Pro bowls with mediocre WR talent and won 2 Superbowls during the earliest parts of his career, and won his final 2 under momentous proportions when he had the most dangerous talent in the NFL in the late 80's. (Guys like Brady/Manning actually have/had incredible talent in Welker, Wayne, Harrison, & Moss and still choke like a high school girl giving her first BJ).

It's pretty absurd that Joe Montana isn't amongst the dominant sporting ranks with signature figures like Babe Ruth & Wayne Gretzky (gifted players who just dominated the big games).

Joe was a f**king God, name me one other player who could/can throw the ball without looking - like a basketball player - No, I don't think so. One-trick pony POCKET QBs like Brady and Manning cannot even hold Joe's jock.
I hope we get another niner QB on that list someday.
And just to prove it wasn't just the talent around him, he takes the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game in his first year after leaving the 9ers.
Originally posted by 190836:
We should email this stat to Colin Cowherd, cause he just called Montana the third best behind Brady and Manning. What a douche!
and I used to like that guy, eff that
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Snider8706:

you just made me sad
The homerism is insane. Ya'll act like it's:

Montana

Everyone else

When it's really more like:

Montana
Everyone else
that's even with the bad 1st half he had against the Bengals.
Not all the greats played in super bowls!

Bruce Jenkins (Chron) sees it this way, I kinda agree

1. Joe Montana. 2. Johnny Unitas. 3. Otto Graham. 4. John Elway. 5. Dan Marino. 6. Roger Staubach. 7. Terry Bradshaw. 8. Bart Starr. 9. Tom Brady. 10. Joe Namath. And Manning has nothing on Kenny Stabler, Brett Favre or Sammy Baugh.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
And just to prove it wasn't just the talent around him, he takes the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game in his first year after leaving the 9ers.

Great point
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Not all the greats played in super bowls!

Bruce Jenkins (Chron) sees it this way, I kinda agree

1. Joe Montana. 2. Johnny Unitas. 3. Otto Graham. 4. John Elway. 5. Dan Marino. 6. Roger Staubach. 7. Terry Bradshaw. 8. Bart Starr. 9. Tom Brady. 10. Joe Namath. And Manning has nothing on Kenny Stabler, Brett Favre or Sammy Baugh.

This...

Originally posted by Mex49:

you just made me sad

Well it's great that we have such a rich history but I want to know how it feels to have a great QB again.
Originally posted by Mex49:

you just made me sad

Well it's great that we have such a rich history but I want to know how it feels to have a great QB again.
Originally posted by 190836:
We should email this stat to Colin Cowherd, cause he just called Montana the third best behind Brady and Manning. What a douche!

He was talking about Super Bowl Q.B.'s? What a joke. Both Brady and Manning had less than steller games in their last Super Bowls. Each of Montana's performances was iconic. Three M.V.P.'s and really could have easily had a fourth (though Rice did have a great game) against Cincy. He led (under the inspiration of John Candy - one of my favorite Montana stories) the 92 yard drive just as everybody (including Wyche) sensed he would. No pick-6 under the biggest spotlight for Joe.
Share 49ersWebzone