LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Why I hope the 9ers make the superbowl next year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Okay, yeah, I'm sure everyone wants the 9ers to make the superbowl next year. And it probably won't happen. But if it did? It'd be awesome. But it'd be a little more awesome for me and I'm going to tell you why. A lot of you guys are vets or whatever were fans during the 80s, people in their 30s-50s now. You guys grew up watching the team win superbowls and I didn't. Or you saw them when you were in your 20s or 30s and you guys were starting a family, and I didn't. I'm only 18 unfortunately, but whatever. Anyway, my grandma married my grandfather when she was in germany after WW2, she escaped Hitler regime or whatever and then the Russians after that, then she married my grandfather who was a marine and she moved to America. So yesterday she watched the superbowl, she always does, she turned into a pretty big football fan right? So ever since I was a kid I get to hear about how amazing Montana was(I'm actually a Steve fan myself because as a little kid I got to see his last few years, had his jersey when I was starting school). Then I always get to hear about how amazing Rice was, I got to see him play a little bit too, and then with the Raiders. I got to see more of TO honestly, unfortunately. But my grandmother is 83, and I don't know how much longer she has to live. Her health isn't really bad or anything, but she's still 83 and you never know how much longer an 83 year old has to live. So, I thought it'd be pretty awesome, if in her last year or 3 of life, if for one more time she got to see the 9ers win another superbowl? That'd be pretty special to me, and for her since we've been a crappy team ever since we got rid of Garcia and TO(f**k you Donahue! lol).

So I don't know, you guys might make fun of me or whatever, but I've been thinking about it for a little while now and I figured I'd go ahead and post it. I'm just saying, even though it's unlikely, it'd be rediculously awesome.
And the year after that...and the year after that...and the year after that....

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Okay, yeah, I'm sure everyone wants the 9ers to make the superbowl next year. And it probably won't happen. But if it did? It'd be awesome. But it'd be a little more awesome for me and I'm going to tell you why. A lot of you guys are vets or whatever were fans during the 80s, people in their 30s-50s now. You guys grew up watching the team win superbowls and I didn't. Or you saw them when you were in your 20s or 30s and you guys were starting a family, and I didn't. I'm only 18 unfortunately, but whatever. Anyway, my grandma married my grandfather when she was in germany after WW2, she escaped Hitler regime or whatever and then the Russians after that, then she married my grandfather who was a marine and she moved to America. So yesterday she watched the superbowl, she always does, she turned into a pretty big football fan right? So ever since I was a kid I get to hear about how amazing Montana was(I'm actually a Steve fan myself because as a little kid I got to see his last few years, had his jersey when I was starting school). Then I always get to hear about how amazing Rice was, I got to see him play a little bit too, and then with the Raiders. I got to see more of TO honestly, unfortunately. But my grandmother is 83, and I don't know how much longer she has to live. Her health isn't really bad or anything, but she's still 83 and you never know how much longer an 83 year old has to live. So, I thought it'd be pretty awesome, if in her last year or 3 of life, if for one more time she got to see the 9ers win another superbowl? That'd be pretty special to me, and for her since we've been a crappy team ever since we got rid of Garcia and TO(f**k you Donahue! lol).

So I don't know, you guys might make fun of me or whatever, but I've been thinking about it for a little while now and I figured I'd go ahead and post it. I'm just saying, even though it's unlikely, it'd be rediculously awesome.

Use more paragraphs broseidon, but I get what you are saying I hope they win one soon also.

I'm 27, luckily I was old enough to remember our last awesome superbowl win, and when our defense could make a stop when needed, or when we had qbs that could put the team on its back. (steve, garcia kind of)
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:01 AM ]

Everything in bold is similar to me being 18 i've been going to games since the 92 NFC championship game as a lap baby..my grandparents have been taking me to games since we've got season tickets and it would be extremely special to me to be able to share a superbowl victory with my grandparents. fortunately my grandparents are in their late 60's so i've still got 15-20 more seasons (God Willing) to hopefully win at least 1 more. WillistheWall i'm with you bro

Niners 2010!!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Everything in bold is similar to me being 18 i've been going to games since the 92 NFC championship game as a lap baby..my grandparents have been taking me to games since we've got season tickets and it would be extremely special to me to be able to share a superbowl victory with my grandparents. fortunately my grandparents are in their late 60's so i've still got 15-20 more seasons (God Willing) to hopefully win at least 1 more. WillistheWall i'm with you bro

Niners 2010!!

Glad you can identify with me, well sort of. I'd be more glad if you got to see the superbowls and stuff, but yeah sort of similar situations. You're lucky though, you probably will get to see the 9ers win another superbowl with atleast 1 of them alive in the next 20 years. We'd have to be Detroit Lions-esque bad not to get atleast close in that time frame. You're also lucky you go to the games, still waiting for my first 9er game. But dang man, I mean the Saints were 8-8, they did it. Why can't we? I mean yeah there are reasons we can't but if the team can overcome them that'd be really special

Niners 2010!!

Glad you can identify with me, well sort of. I'd be more glad if you got to see the superbowls and stuff, but yeah sort of similar situations. You're lucky though, you probably will get to see the 9ers win another superbowl with atleast 1 of them alive in the next 20 years. We'd have to be Detroit Lions-esque bad not to get atleast close in that time frame. You're also lucky you go to the games, still waiting for my first 9er game. But dang man, I mean the Saints were 8-8, they did it. Why can't we? I mean yeah there are reasons we can't but if the team can overcome them that'd be really special

If we get an O-line and stay healthy i think this team will be very dangerous next year.

Niners 2010!!

If we get an O-line and stay healthy i think this team will be very dangerous next year.

Agreed. Might need to beef up the secondary though also. Saints invested a 1st and a 2nd in their CBs(Porter 2nd from 2 years ago, Jenkins this year), signed one of the best safeties in the game in Sharper, and Roman Harper and Jabari Greer are also studs. Year before that Pittsburgh had Polamolu, Ike Taylor, Bryant McFadden, and Ryan Clark. Today with all the teams going 3 and 4 wide we need to be able to cover the 3rd and 4th guys, for the most part Spencer is hella underrated and lockdown but Nate has slipped a bit and TBrown I can't figure out, Lewis is pretty slow too.

OLine and Secondary are the main concerns IMO. Our DLine is one of the best in the league if Franklin keeps it up, LB corp is very talented especially if Brooks continues to grow as a player, QB looks better than it has in the last few years, we got some weapons on O, just need to open holes for Frank and give Smith some time back there.
Originally posted by chimp914:
And the year after that...and the year after that...and the year after that....

Man, it would be great to have a winner of a team

Even Mike S. who is of great character and work ethic, does not not seem to have what it takes to adjust as the game progresses. Does not know how to use the clock or the time outs. Little imagination.

I still maintain AL Smith is not the guy we need at QB.

I did not see all the game, but you could see how the two QBs dictated thw ebb and flow of the game. Brees and Peyton . Men who commanded their troops, barking out audibles, reading the field of battle, adjusting to the defence.

What do we have? Nada
Because I'm a Niners fan!
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Because I'm a Niners fan!

Yep
i didn't knew there were any other reason than that one
Need a thread for that ? Go figure ...

If we pick up 5 or 6 solid pieces in the off season I don't see many teams beating us. That is when we'll be like the niners of old and only lose when we beat our own a$$.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
With Warner and possibly Favre gone too that makes it that much easier. Still we would need Alex to make HUGE strides this year to have any thoughts of getting to a Superbowl.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

If we pick up 5 or 6 solid pieces in the off season I don't see many teams beating us. That is when we'll be like the niners of old and only lose when we beat our own a$$.

Niners of old? Sounds like the 49ers of now to me. We lost most of our games this year by shooting ourselves in the foot. We've made an art out of doing that.
BTW, I also hate to burst anyone's bubble but teams don't make the Super Bowl without prior playoff experience. I'd like to take things one step at a time and I just pray for a return to the postseason.

A team full of players and coaches who have ZERO playoff experience does not make for a Super Bowl run.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
BTW, I also hate to burst anyone's bubble but teams don't make the Super Bowl without prior playoff experience. I'd like to take things one step at a time and I just pray for a return to the postseason.

A team full of players and coaches who have ZERO playoff experience does not make for a Super Bowl run.

The majority of the Cards in 2008 barely knew what it was like to win a game.
Share 49ersWebzone