LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

An insult: Steve Young currently third

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Reporter to Doug Williams: "So how long have you been a black quarterback with one ring?"
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
How can people rank Manning as #1, especially after that colossal choke job?

dude you have to give the cb credit for making a great play for reading that play. he baited manning into that & wayne didn't run the correct route just like he said. that wasn't all manning.

montana or young never had that problem in a superbowl so yeah a pick six when you need a score is a choke job
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Niners99:
How can people rank Manning as #1, especially after that colossal choke job?

the poll isnt asking whos the best 1 ring "super bowl performance" guy, its asking whos the best all time 1 ring QB. manning is going to finish his career as the all time leading passing yds and tds leader. i dont really see how he isnt number 1...

Well to me the title of "best" should be given to the player who wins in the post season. You can have all the passing REGULAR season records, but it doesn't mean anything next to playoff success. I like how Steve pointed out very clearly that they were giving the title of GOAT to a .500 post season QB and choker. I much rather have a guy like Kurt Warner, Steve Young, or Drew Brees instead.

so what your saying is, Dilfer is better than Marino because he won a ring?

postseason performance is big, but if you dont have the right guys around you, you wont have a chance to perform to that level, or maybe even make the playoffs. its not a foolproof way of deciding who was better than who.

also, i cant beleive how many people on this thread are ranking Drew Brees top 5. just because hes currently a top 3 QB who just won a ring, its like his perceived value is super inflated. Drew Brees isnt even a top 10 one-ring QB yet.

some of these guys on the poll are HOF qb's who had full, great careers. maybe when its all said and done Brees has a better career, maybe not. right now, hes hardly done anything yet in comparison.

1 post season doesn't define a career but when it's all said and done Brees will be right up there. Plus in his 3 playoff games this year he beat 3 guys on that list (Warner, Favre and Manning). In the next 5 years there could very well be talk of Brees being up there with those guys.

ok....but thats just your opinion on how Brees MIGHT end up.

this is a ranking of players as of right NOW.

and right now, Brees isnt even top 10 on this list. no question.
Share 49ersWebzone