There are 166 users in the forums

An insult: Steve Young currently third

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You know what you need to do...
Vote for Steve Young

• GEEK
  • Veteran
It's just a poll on ESPN.
I put Steve number one. Is it bad I put Manning like 5th and Favre like 4th? I had Warner 2nd and Brees 3rd. The fact that Brees has never lost a superbowl and now Peyton has kind of put him above him for me. Manning's an incredible regular season QB but yall have to admit he has a bit of a history of choking in the playoffs.
How can people rank Manning as #1, especially after that colossal choke job?
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Feb 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM ]
  • hb123
  • Veteran
i voted trent dilf #1 :)
Originally posted by hb123:

Hey at least he didn't choke!
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Originally posted by hb123:

Hey at least he didn't choke!

Hahaha 25 people gave him 1st place
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I put Unitas #1, Young #2, of course Dilfer last.

I have to take the homerism out of it, and I doubt many zoners saw Unitas play. Back in the 60's the rules favored the defense, a 50% completion percentage and 1-1 td to int ratio was actually decent.
[ Edited by BobS on Feb 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM ]
1. Young 2. Unitas 3. P Manning
Technically, Young has 3 rings.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Technically, Young has 3 rings.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I put Steve number one. Is it bad I put Manning like 5th and Favre like 4th? I had Warner 2nd and Brees 3rd. The fact that Brees has never lost a superbowl and now Peyton has kind of put him above him for me. Manning's an incredible regular season QB but yall have to admit he has a bit of a history of choking in the playoffs.

are you serious?

I have Brees 11th...what the heck has he done besides win this SB and having a couple big passing yardage years?

ever heard of Johnny Unitas? Manning, Favre, Unitas, Thiesmann, Namath, Dawson are all better than Brees hands down.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

the poll isnt asking whos the best 1 ring "super bowl performance" guy, its asking whos the best all time 1 ring QB. manning is going to finish his career as the all time leading passing yds and tds leader. i dont really see how he isnt number 1...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

the poll isnt asking whos the best 1 ring "super bowl performance" guy, its asking whos the best all time 1 ring QB. manning is going to finish his career as the all time leading passing yds and tds leader. i dont really see how he isnt number 1...

Well to me the title of "best" should be given to the player who wins in the post season. You can have all the passing REGULAR season records, but it doesn't mean anything next to playoff success. I like how Steve pointed out very clearly that they were giving the title of GOAT to a .500 post season QB and choker. I much rather have a guy like Kurt Warner, Steve Young, or Drew Brees instead.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Feb 8, 2010 at 5:48 AM ]
steve young number 1 drew brees last
Share 49ersWebzone