There are 234 users in the forums

Is Shawntae Spencer our best CB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
he's extremely underrated

Spencer is very underrated. I remember him shutting down R.Wayne when they played against the Colts. When Manning threw that long ball to Wayne, I thought it was a for sure TD, until I saw Spencer come from nowhere and knocked the ball down.

To me he is the best we have right now!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Shawntae's a better cover CB...Nate's the better tackler. Put those two together and you'd really have something. I'd like to see Singletary draft the best CB on the board after he gets his OT (hopefully Bulaga). We need better depth behind our starters...neither Bly or Tarrel Brown really gave Singletary reason to be satisfied.

Agreed.

I think that Clements is one of the best DBs in the league against the run. Several times I've seen Clements fly in to tackle the RB before he can turn the corner.

I also think Brown needs to be more physical and he needs to be a better tackler. He's got room to improve.

-9fA
Is Ed "Too Tall" Jones too tall?
NEP!

He has a good year then a bad year. he had a decent yr last yr. decent. Sorry but some games he got abused in like the Green Bay game (pathetic), the Colts game, had problems at times in the Lions game, struggled in the damn Titans game. But had a good yr not great. The years before???

Sorry but ever since he got his $$ he never has been consistant. I think that's the ? We don't have a consistantly solid CB. Nate is the same. He goes out & shuts down Fitz then gets burned by Rodey White? We need consistantcy.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Shawntae's a better cover CB...Nate's the better tackler. Put those two together and you'd really have something. I'd like to see Singletary draft the best CB on the board after he gets his OT (hopefully Bulaga). We need better depth behind our starters...neither Bly or Tarrel Brown really gave Singletary reason to be satisfied.

Agreed.

I think that Clements is one of the best DBs in the league against the run. Several times I've seen Clements fly in to tackle the RB before he can turn the corner.

I also think Brown needs to be more physical and he needs to be a better tackler. He's got room to improve.

-9fA

Agreed as well NAte is our best tackling CB & one of the best in the league
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
easily the best
yes he is a beast
Haden, Spencer and then using Clements as an all purpose DB like the Packers use Woodson would be sick.
He's the best CB in the league named Shawntae.
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I also think shawntae is better than nate as a shut down corner, but nate is probablly more of a playmaker. I'm excited to see them both back there together and healthy.

I mostly agree with this statement. Most importantly, like you, I'm glad both are healthy. I believe if our secondary stays healthy, we have the talent to be in the top 10 for pass defense.

Agree. Hope he plays this well next season too!

Yes, he is the best we have.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Yeah if Nate got cut.

Why would Nate be cut if he's our best corner? lol
Originally posted by modninerfan:
This is gonna be the talk of the Off season... I'm marking it down now.

every year there has to be some sort of debate on who we should cut, on who sucks, etc

this year its gonna be Nate.

You might be right, but IMO there shouldn't be much debate about keeping Nate. He's still one of the best players on the team and we need to keep him around. And his contract value should be irrelevant in 2010, but 2011 will be another story.
Originally posted by wailers15:
NEP!

He has a good year then a bad year. he had a decent yr last yr. decent. Sorry but some games he got abused in like the Green Bay game (pathetic), the Colts game, had problems at times in the Lions game, struggled in the damn Titans game. But had a good yr not great. The years before???

Sorry but ever since he got his $$ he never has been consistant. I think that's the ? We don't have a consistantly solid CB. Nate is the same. He goes out & shuts down Fitz then gets burned by Rodey White? We need consistantcy.

Lol, he didn't get "abused" in the Green Bay game, the Colts game??? We didn't give up a TD to the MVP of the league...He struggled a bit in the Titans game, and I don't remember him giving up a big play in the Lions game.

Also, he's been injured, he's always been good for us when healthy, that's his biggest problem, staying healthy.
I would have to say Clements is, but anything can change.
Share 49ersWebzone