LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

Best Game of the season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What do you guys think? Best game played by us? doesnt necessarily have to be a win. i figure most people would think the Cards game but the offense really didnt step up all that much. In which game did the offense and defense play mostly well do you guys think?
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Feb 7, 2010 at 12:01 AM ]
im going to say the Colts game.

we lost, but we played the leagues best team really tough, and got to manning and disrupted him better than i saw anyone else all season.

held him to no TD passes, held the running game in check, and basically got beat on a fluky trick HB pass play. i was very impressed with the overall effort in Indy.
Originally posted by Niners99:

we lost, but we played the leagues best team really tough, and got to manning and disrupted him better than i saw anyone else all season.

held him to no TD passes, held the running game in check, and basically got beat on a fluky trick HB pass play. i was very impressed with the overall effort in Indy.

dude that game and the vikings game just got me sick to the core. two games against two of the toughest teams, and two that we should have won. it would have been so SWEET to win those two. man those two were wrenching
Originally posted by 49ers1:

dude that game and the vikings game just got me sick to the core. two games against two of the toughest teams, and two that we should have won. it would have been so SWEET to win those two. man those two were wrenching

I think the Vikes game kinda gave us a mental block the rest of the season
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

youre very right, but imo the same goes for the colts game. the colts were deep into their streak, and that was a game that the niners should have won. the niners were winning the entire game until that trick play to wayne.

man would have been so sweet to shut up all the espn people ji*zing about colts, and their streak and them being the best and all.
Jags game. Best complete game in all three phases: Offensive, Defensive, and Special Teams. Alex Smith looked like a true QB. Minimal errors. Disruption along the defensive front and tight coverage downfield. O-Line played like an O-Line that could take us places and our WRs held on to the damn ball. Great game overall.

youre very right, but imo the same goes for the colts game. the colts were deep into their streak, and that was a game that the niners should have won. the niners were winning the entire game until that trick play to wayne.

man would have been so sweet to shut up all the espn people ji*zing about colts, and their streak and them being the best and all.

I think that Colts game gave us more respect around the league though. more so than the Vikings game.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Jags game. Best complete game in all three phases: Offensive, Defensive, and Special Teams. Alex Smith looked like a true QB. Minimal errors. Disruption along the defensive front and tight coverage downfield. O-Line played like an O-Line that could take us places and our WRs held on to the damn ball. Great game overall.

You know..thats a good choice. i didnt think about it before but damn we played lights out that game didnt we?
  • PlayAction
  • Info N/A
Worst Loss of the season? the Vikes...game should NEVER have come down to Brett Fart getting a last second chance to win one that was in the bag!

Best Loss? Colts game.....a game even many Niner fans thought we had NO chance to win, yet how close we were. But lets look at that game another way; does anybody think that IF Saints can hold Peyton to ZERO td passes (like Niners did?) they won't win the Super Bowl?

IMO the best game of the season is one you should win, so my pick?
The monday nite game against the Cards. Niners kicked ass on both sides of the ball and won a game they had to win to stay in the playoff hunt.

Go Niners 2010 is here!!
jags game was best overall

best win was Cards at home

best loss Vikes and Colts.....either one of those games at home would of been wins......not to mention Gore was OUT of the vikes, and Clements and staley out of the colts game. What a team to hang with 2 of the best 4 AWAY WITH INJURIES.....when the other teams were not injured and had the homefield advantage. NICE

You know..thats a good choice. i didnt think about it before but damn we played lights out that game didnt we?

um, not really. i was at that one.

i wasnt incredibly impressed. it was just sloppy play by both teams. and the Jags are a horrible team, so playing well against them wasnt that impressive. i suggested Colts because we played well on the road against maybe the NFL's best team.
2nd half of Texans game, most excited I have been for Niners football in years.

Then they lost and it went back to status quo....

um, not really. i was at that one.

i wasnt incredibly impressed. it was just sloppy play by both teams. and the Jags are a horrible team, so playing well against them wasnt that impressive. i suggested Colts because we played well on the road against maybe the NFL's best team.

I don't recall it being a sloppy game. I don't remember there being many turnovers or interceptions on our side. We got up 17-3 at the half and then Raye put on the brakes.

The Jags are hardly a "horrible" team considering that they went 7-9.

-9fA
Cardinals on Monday Night!

Joe Nedney also missed a FG , that could of have made the last drive easier because we didnt need a TD to win.
Share 49ersWebzone