There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Come on Joe

  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,710
Originally posted by WINiner:
All these excuses for Joe are just that, excuses.

Joe will show, if you pay him enough. Just like that story that came out when the SB was in Detroit. Joe was asked to do a charitable event and said sure, for 100k......

Montana is all of our on field hero's, but the guy is a class A jackass off the field.

Agreed, do a Google search, he also likes to sue people. As a human being he is garbage.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by WINiner:
All these excuses for Joe are just that, excuses.

Joe will show, if you pay him enough. Just like that story that came out when the SB was in Detroit. Joe was asked to do a charitable event and said sure, for 100k......

Montana is all of our on field hero's, but the guy is a class A jackass off the field.

Agreed, do a Google search, he also likes to sue people. As a human being he is garbage.

i agree hes a complete douche bag sorry dont like the guy he wore a steelers shirt while signing autographs for niner fans!!!
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by WINiner:
All these excuses for Joe are just that, excuses.

Joe will show, if you pay him enough. Just like that story that came out when the SB was in Detroit. Joe was asked to do a charitable event and said sure, for 100k......

Montana is all of our on field hero's, but the guy is a class A jackass off the field.

Agreed, do a Google search, he also likes to sue people. As a human being he is garbage.

i agree hes a complete douche bag sorry dont like the guy he wore a steelers shirt while signing autographs for niner fans!!!

patrick willis is a dallas cowboy fan, the f**kin rat b*****d
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,131
Com'mon everyone! cut the guy some slack! I'm sure there is a good reason for his bitterness towards the NFL and the 49ers. It's just like a marriage. We don't know the whole story or the truth behind the scenes. He brought us all great memories and great times and FOUR Superbowls with ZERO interceptions!

We have to appreciate and respect what Joe has done for us.
Montana was a great QB, perhaps the greatest ever, and brought our team many memorable moments, so we want him to be as great a person. Unfortunately, too many events have transpired to indicate the opposite. His attitude and treatment of Steve Young went beyond just competition into pettiness. The notorious charity incident for the Superbowl, his no-shows at teammates' events, etc.
He seems to have forged few true bonds with his teammates, with a couple of exceptions. Yes he was and is a private person, but I think his shyness borders on aloofness and aside from family, he may be unable, or simply unmotivated to form close realtionships with others, past and present.
Having said all that, he also has every right to live his life as he sees fit and while we'd like him more involved with the 9'er organization, he's not obligated to do so. Let's not confuse the superlative player, with the man himself.
Joe doesn't like publicity and doesn't do too good with media... not everyone is like Jerry and Steve.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Montana was a great QB, perhaps the greatest ever, and brought our team many memorable moments, so we want him to be as great a person. Unfortunately, too many events have transpired to indicate the opposite. His attitude and treatment of Steve Young went beyond just competition into pettiness. The notorious charity incident for the Superbowl, his no-shows at teammates' events, etc.
He seems to have forged few true bonds with his teammates, with a couple of exceptions. Yes he was and is a private person, but I think his shyness borders on aloofness and aside from family, he may be unable, or simply unmotivated to form close realtionships with others, past and present.
Having said all that, he also has every right to live his life as he sees fit and while we'd like him more involved with the 9'er organization, he's not obligated to do so. Let's not confuse the superlative player, with the man himself.

Very well said.

-9fA
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
I saw an interview on this. Joe said something to the effect of the fact that football took him away from his family for years, and now he just wants to be a Dad to his boys and a husband to his wife.

I can't say I blame him. The guy gave the NFL more amazing moments than most of us can remember. If he doesn't want to be there for anyone else, that's on him.

It was great to see Steve and Eddie there for Jerry. It was awesome.

Thanks for sharing that. I was going to chime in and agree that Joe needs to put the past behind. If family is the reason for not being there, then I can live with that.........

Go Niners!!!!
Originally posted by sacniner:
Joe doesn't like publicity and doesn't do too good with media... not everyone is like Jerry and Steve.

+2

Let's also not forget that its a different ownership regime. If it were Eddie D running the show still and he asked Joe to do something, Joe would do.

Why should Joe have affinity for the Yorks who sided with Paraag over Bill Walsh. Bill and Eddie were like fathers to him. He'd do anything for them.

Joe doesn't owe us or the team anything. He gave everything he had when he was on the field. He has had several post career surgeries and was in the Chronicle article about NFL vets and healthcare. He is passionate about that.

Mostly, he likes his horses and his kids.

I don't care if he sues people or wanted 100K for an appearance.

He never threw a pick six to lose a Super Bowl.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Joe doesn't like publicity and doesn't do too good with media... not everyone is like Jerry and Steve.

+2

Let's also not forget that its a different ownership regime. If it were Eddie D running the show still and he asked Joe to do something, Joe would do.

Why should Joe have affinity for the Yorks who sided with Paraag over Bill Walsh. Bill and Eddie were like fathers to him. He'd do anything for them.

Joe doesn't owe us or the team anything. He gave everything he had when he was on the field. He has had several post career surgeries and was in the Chronicle article about NFL vets and healthcare. He is passionate about that.

Mostly, he likes his horses and his kids.

I don't care if he sues people or wanted 100K for an appearance.

He never threw a pick six to lose a Super Bowl.

well said. Why don't people stop looking for idols in football players. I wish I never had to see or hear Young and Rice also.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
He doesn't need to be here or have anything to do with the organization

thanks for the great games and superbowls Joe
Joe is busy I'm sure with his kid going to college and all now. Plus him and Steve don't like each other and everyone knows that
Joe, GREAT QB and the best ever when he played. The game was tougher on a QB back then and he was an absolute champion for us but I liked Steve Youngs personality better and I think from what I have hear Joe is pretty much an arsehole now and has been for a while now. Not being there for Jerry was very small of him. Shows he is not very centered as a human being.

[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Feb 14, 2010 at 16:51:20 ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,390
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Joe, GREAT QB and the best ever when he played. The game was tougher on a QB back then and he was an absolute champion for us but I liked Steve Youngs personality better and I think from what I have hear Joe is pretty much an arsehole now and has been for a while now. Not being there for Jerry was very small of him. Shows he is not very centered as a human being.

Shows he's not an attention whore....
Joe doesn't need to do s**t!!!!!!

Greatest QB and 49er ever!!!!!!!!!!