There are 287 users in the forums

Jerry Rice: Please Come Back Home!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Championship! Seriously, get him here and lets win a freaking championship already.
man Crabtree would dominate next year if Rice was his teacher
  • Chief
  • Veteran
What was the question and what was the exact quote?
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
I WILL TAKE OFF MY PANTS!

Best offer yet!
Originally posted by Chief:

I don't know? It was a quote Maiocco had posted. I guess he interviewed Jerry today after the HOF announcement.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoNiners:

Would he really ?

Look I'd love for Rice to be involved with the organization in some way but I wouldn't go as far as start thinking he'll make players better. It's a 2 way street, he can share his knowledge with them but that knowledge does not translate to success. Knowledge is power.

I also would not go as far as to think he should replace any coaches on staff, he is inexperienced as a position coach and should start out as an assistant, likely to Jerry Sullivan.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:

I don't know? It was a quote Maiocco had posted. I guess he interviewed Jerry today after the HOF announcement.

I found it..
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/audio/Rice-on-Being-a-Member-of-the-2010-HOF-Class/2d211021-1ddd-49e3-89d8-7b83f490972c

Jerry was asked if he still followed the 49ers and Jerry said
"Very closely, very closely"

Then he mentioned Crabtree, Davis, Gore and Alex Smith.

Then he was asked if he would like to be more involved and come around more often and Jerry replied
"I had a conversation with Mike Singeltary, and I said the passion and love for this game is still burning inside me."
then he said
"I would love to be able to go in there and talk to the players, be a part where I could work with certain players and stuff like that but that would have to be up to Mike Singeltary or York to bring me in."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
GET HIM IN HERE NOW!!!

I found it..
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/audio/Rice-on-Being-a-Member-of-the-2010-HOF-Class/2d211021-1ddd-49e3-89d8-7b83f490972c

Then he was asked if he would like to be more involved and come around more often and Jerry replied
"I had a conversation with Mike Singeltary, and I said the passion and love for this game is still burning inside me."
then he said
"I would love to be able to go in there and talk to the players, be a part where I could work with certain players and stuff like that but that would have to be up to Mike Singeltary or York to bring me in."

Thanks man!

I found it..

then he said

They have got to get this done! Assistant WR coach this year then he can replace Sullivan next year. COME ON SING SIGN RICE NOW!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by GoNiners:

Would he really ?

Look I'd love for Rice to be involved with the organization in some way but I wouldn't go as far as start thinking he'll make players better. It's a 2 way street, he can share his knowledge with them but that knowledge does not translate to success. Knowledge is power.

I also would not go as far as to think he should replace any coaches on staff, he is inexperienced as a position coach and should start out as an assistant, likely to Jerry Sullivan.

Um, Jerry Rice... taking notes from Jerry Sullivan??? the man that can't teach our current receivers how to catch a ball? A pathetic excuse for a WR coach, having a HOF receiver underneath him??? um, ok
I don't know if he would come back as a WR coach exactly, he'd probably just work with some of the players on an unofficial basis, like the last player he happened to tutor for a while...
Ughh, and the sad thing is that Jerry would probably f**king work here for FREE! -Please Sing, Jerry would be the best WR coach in the league!
Offer that man a job now!
Share 49ersWebzone