LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Little over Craig in HOF is BS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Career stats
Little 6323 yards rushing-2418 yards receiving-52 touchdowns-5 time probowl 1 all pro
Craig 8189 yards rushing-4911 receiving-73 Touchdowns- 4 time probowl 1 all pro
IMO Craig will get in next year, Then i bet Faulk will get in a year or 2 after....
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Feb 6, 2010 at 3:48 PM ]
wow Craig is my favorite all time player too.........he deserves to be in for sure.....so does dent on the bears.
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Career stats
Little 6323 yards rushing-2418 yards receiving-52 touchdowns-5 time probowl 1 all pro

The problem next year is logged jammed with RB Faulk, Bettis, Martin, not to mention Deion. Chris Carter is still sitting out there. The farther we get away from Craigs playing days the less likely he'll get in
hate to break it to you bud but look how long it took Little to get to the Hall of fame. Craig is going to take a while. Both my Dad & grandpa said Little was a stud in his time.
Look at it this way, if Floyd got in with those stats, then Craig has a shot.

It didn't happen this year, it may not happen next year, but he'll get in at some point.

IMO, I really think that John Brodie should get a shot, but that's not going to happen.
Career stats

I don't think Little beat out Craig because there are 5 regular nominees and 2 veterans committee nominees. So Little and Lebow where yes or no votes and the other 5 were the top vote getters of the rest.
Different eras...Little was arguably the first Denver star player. He was everything to his team then. It was pre-Elway...they had avg QB's then. Craig will get in...because he was the prototype RB who caught as well as he ran. Don't forget...Roger had Joe, so you can't just compare numbers to realize/appreciate how good Little was vs Craig.
Career stats

lol you cant compare the late 50's early 60's era of football to the late 80's early 90's era.

comparing stats from different eras doesnt give you any indication. you have to look at his performance compared to his peers in his time.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Career stats

I don't think Little beat out Craig because there are 5 regular nominees and 2 veterans committee nominees. So Little and Lebow where yes or no votes and the other 5 were the top vote getters of the rest.

Beat me to it...ya...Craig and Little were never in competition for a spot. Craig was nominated as a modern age player and Little was nominated by thensenior committee.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The fumble.
How John Randle got in is incredible to me. He had more garbage time towards the end of his career to pad his stats. Randle was elite for maybe one or two of his years, if that. Maybe Craig should paint something ridicules on his face the next time the HOF vote comes around...
Originally posted by fister30:
How John Randle got in is incredible to me. He had more garbage time towards the end of his career to pad his stats. Randle was elite for maybe one or two of his years, if that. Maybe Craig should paint something ridicules on his face the next time the HOF vote comes around...

he had 8 consecutive years of 10+ sacks almost 9 one of the years he had 9.5, IMO he deserved it
Originally posted by wailers15:
hate to break it to you bud but look how long it took Little to get to the Hall of fame. Craig is going to take a while. Both my Dad & grandpa said Little was a stud in his time.

I have this bad feeling that you're going to be right. As much as I hate to admit it, I think the best way for Craig to get in will be through the senior committee. Unless there's a down year for eligible RBs and other skill position players in the next several years.

He, in my mind, is one of the most under appreciated 49er stars from our glory years. I'd be willing to bet that if the voting committee comprised of defensive players who played against him, they'd vote him in.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Career stats

lol you cant compare the late 50's early 60's era of football to the late 80's early 90's era.

comparing stats from different eras doesnt give you any indication. you have to look at his performance compared to his peers in his time.

Little played the majority of his career in the 70's
Share 49ersWebzone