rate our cb's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who do you think our best cb's are and who should we keep/cut

1. Spencer
2. Clements
3. Bly
4. Brown
5. Harris

i think clements can still do a very good job against any #2 and most #1's. Bly did very well when given the chance. He got a few really impressive int's including the best one of the season which was not a finalist (the diving one against the lions was sick).

I think we should keep all 5 but if we let go of Harris, it would be no big deal b/c of the injury and his age.....but i like him as depth.
Damn good, and damn underrated!
Originally posted by elguapo:

1. Spencer
2. Clements
3. Bly
4. Brown
5. Harris

i think clements can still do a very good job against any #2 and most #1's. Bly did very well when given the chance. He got a few really impressive int's including the best one of the season which was not a finalist (the diving one against the lions was sick).

I think we should keep all 5 but if we let go of Harris, it would be no big deal b/c of the injury and his age.....but i like him as depth.
1. Spencer
2. Clements
3. Harris, IMO
4. Bly
5. Brown

I'd like to bet Patrick Robinson in here from FSU
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

1. Spencer
2. Clements
3. Bly
4. Brown
5. Harris

1. Spencer
2. Clements
3. Harris, IMO
4. Bly
5. Brown

I'd like to bet Patrick Robinson in here from FSU

You mean FINALLY we get a Seminole on our team?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Clements
Spencer
Bly
Brown

Not sure how Walt will be after his injury.
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
I dont know where all this Clements cant play, doesnt play, doesnt want to play blah...blah ....blah stuff came from...
IMO Nate was the emotion of the D.... Little man played big... ANd i mean big he was in everyplay (not makin them but in).

Hes a DB common....

So IMO
#1 Nate Clements
#2 Spencer
#3 Bly (only by exp.)
#4 Brown

And depending on Walts "confidence" coming back a strong possability he could start at nickel.....

PS I told my brother when i seen him (Nate) in to return i didnt like it!!!
We got a good set of guys when healthy that provide good coverage, physical play and experience along with some youth. If the pass rush gets a little more consistent then they would look even better.
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Fully agree...... On the pass rush...... we need to get some crazyness from our OLBs and get Pat a brother that just demands his presents is felt on all 3 downs....... SOmeone who likes gettin punched in the mouth just to give one in return
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Then our CBs will look likethey should...... Wylie ol Vets.......... INTs double
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Clements
Spencer
Bly
Brown

Not sure how Walt will be after his injury.

This

1. Clements is still our top guy.

2. Spencer has earned his starting job.

3. Brown is our nickel back.

4. Bly I don't think he's worth bringing back. After that fumbled int against atl & dropped pick at min I'm not a fan.

5. Harris if he really wants to come back & has fully recovered I say move him to fs. His instincts and ball hawking could help us at that position. Then we can finally cut Roman.

1. Spencer
2. Clements
3. Bly
4. Brown
5. Harris

1. Clements... big, strong, seasoned vet
2. Spencer... played excellent last season
3. Bly... playing a at good level, good hands
4. Brown... another year of experience will only make him improve
5. Rookie... we need to add youth Now!!
Keep all 5 imo
we have great cb's and even better depth.......good problem to have
1. Spencer
2. Brown
3. Bly
4. Clements
5. Harris

I know, most have Clements at #2 and Brown at #4. But I see Brown as a real up and comer.. great agility and speed.. he is only improving, that's why he took Nate's starting job last season.

If Clements will restructure, and if Harris can still play, I say keep'em all. But hey, if Joe Haden falls to us in the draft, we should take him and let the chips fall where they may.
Share 49ersWebzone