LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Alex Smith in the UK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Alex has been in the UK since Thursday and i've been trying to follow the media work he has been doing.

Mainly he has been on some National radio stations such as BBC Radio 1, 5Live and Talksport. Also he has met with the England Rugby Team and interviewed with Sky (TV), newspapers and the BBC. Currently answering questions from the public on a popular national radio show on Radio 1.

He's coming across really well with some good insight into the game. Most questions have been on the Superbowl but also some bits on the NFL in general and the 49ers.

I haven't been able to find any of the radio segments as links but Alex has expressed how he is looking forward to next season in particular:

- The continuity they have carrying over (Same OC etc)
- It will be a dissapointment if they dont win the division next year, thats the teams expectation
- Peyton Manning is the only QB in the NFL Smith looks up to. He gave a reason why he doesnt look up to the others but I cant remember 100% the term he used.

Links

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/americanfootball/7169368/Super-Bowl-2010-Martin-Johnson-meets-49ers-quarterback-Alex-Smith-at-Twickenham.html

http://www.nfluk.com/video/1?id=597
plz tell me hell be on Mock the week
Dunno if this works outside the UK but link to Radio One.

The Alex interview starts at around 2hrs 7mins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qlflr/Vernon_Kay_06_02_2010/
PS No real Niner insight, lots of promo stuff for Superbowl and Wembley game.
Nice to have a guy who can represent the team without sounding like a dumb jock.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Nice to have a guy who can represent the team without sounding like a dumb jock.

"You know, I'm proud, you know, to be representing my team, you know, its a big honor, you know, to be in England, you know, because, you know, I have always wanted to visit Europe, you know.....................You know"
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by smashmouth51:

"You know, I'm proud, you know, to be representing my team, you know, its a big honor, you know, to be in England, you know, because, you know, I have always wanted to visit Europe, you know.....................You know"

Haha Willis would represent this organization the best. Best player at his position and has the utmost class.
Why were the cheerleaders there? Whatever, Alex got to be a stud for a day.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

seen his wife? the mans a stud everyday lol
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

I have, but this time he was surrounded by two active ones. He also promised he'd get them to the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by ruthless49er:

I have, but this time he was surrounded by two active ones. He also promised he'd get them to the Super Bowl.

lol Alex "Big Pimpin" Smith.
The haters now criticise the way Alex talks. Later, it will be the way he stands, then how he styles his hair.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
The haters now criticise the way Alex talks. Later, it will be the way he stands, then how he styles his hair.

Hope he stays over there
Share 49ersWebzone