LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Players that you would replace on our team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who would you replace on our team right now with another player that is currently on our roster.

The positions/players that should be switched/replaced are:

Brooks should take over for Haralson
Jason Hill should take over for Morgan (maybe even Jones)
Wragge at guard for either Rachal or Bass
Clements can still hold his own against Brown...but not by much

For sure i think Brooks should be the starter....the others should be close or at least share time, with the wr's it's easier to get them all work.

What do you think? Where are the upgrades that should be made?
Tom Brady over Alex Smith
This will turn into an Alex Smith thread
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Trade for McNabb
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Trade Alex Smith for the rights of that 13-year old QB. (adding to the alex smith hate) HATERS!
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by crzy:
Trade for McNabb

NO ON MCNABB!!!!!

Already did...
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
I would replace Adam Synder with anybody on our roster. Heck, put Glenn Coffee at RT. He would probably give up the same amount of sacks as Snyder did.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=137038&highlight=players
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=133147&highlight=players
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=134937&highlight=players
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Get rid of Willis he is a tackle hog. Don't let nobody else make any tackles.

hahahahahha! thats the first thing that came to my mind too. I would replace Alex Smith.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Who would you replace on our team right now with another player that is currently on our roster.

For sure i think Brooks should be the starter....the others should be close or at least share time, with the wr's it's easier to get them all work.

I wouldn't start Brooks over Haralson. I like the rotation Sing had going with Haralson, Lawson, and Brooks. Lawson and Haralson seem to have a better working knowledge of the defense and they both play the run very well. On passing downs, Haralson and Brooks are easily the better pass rushers IMO. If Brooks can keep improving, he may take over for Haralson at WILL and then we'll see Haralson playing for Lawson on passing downs.

If there are no upgrades to the guard spots, I'd move Snyder back inside to battle with Baas for the LG spot. I'd much rather see an outside player brought in to start there though. That goes for the RT spot also. Even IF the team re-signs Pashos, the RT spot needs to be improved IMO.

The final player I'd replace is SS Michael Lewis. This guy is making way too much money to play only 2 downs. He's great at playing the run, but he is a liability against the pass. Also, the concussions are a little alarming for a guy that hits so often.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by elguapo:

I wouldn't start Brooks over Haralson. I like the rotation Sing had going with Haralson, Lawson, and Brooks. Lawson and Haralson seem to have a better working knowledge of the defense and they both play the run very well. On passing downs, Haralson and Brooks are easily the better pass rushers IMO. If Brooks can keep improving, he may take over for Haralson at WILL and then we'll see Haralson playing for Lawson on passing downs.

If there are no upgrades to the guard spots, I'd move Snyder back inside to battle with Baas for the LG spot. I'd much rather see an outside player brought in to start there though. That goes for the RT spot also. Even IF the team re-signs Pashos, the RT spot needs to be improved IMO.

The final player I'd replace is SS Michael Lewis. This guy is making way too much money to play only 2 downs. He's great at playing the run, but he is a liability against the pass. Also, the concussions are a little alarming for a guy that hits so often.

Great answer. I hope the 9ers use those 2 first round picks on a safety and RT.
Share 49ersWebzone