LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

What's with the TE love fest?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
"But BEAR PASCOE is going to surpass Vernon this year! All based on reports from Maiocco on training camp practices!"

Various, naive 'Zoners, you know who you are...

I thought Bear was gonna come in and be our #2 TE, used mostly for blocking, but catch some balls as well.

I had high hopes for him (I didn't think he would surpass Vernon), so I was disappointed when we just released him.

I was also dissapointed when we released him cuz he's a high school buddy of mine and I was super excited when the niners drafted him. I thought I was going to have a inside connection.

Oh ya? Well I blocked Crabtree's layup in a game of pickup basketball a few years ago.

How 'bout THAT for an inside connection!
RIP Eric Johnson
I guess I should of thought of a better title....
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by krizay:
Thought this thread was gonna go in a different erection.

oh it did!

Good one
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
"But BEAR PASCOE is going to surpass Vernon this year! All based on reports from Maiocco on training camp practices!"

Various, naive 'Zoners, you know who you are...

I thought Bear was gonna come in and be our #2 TE, used mostly for blocking, but catch some balls as well.

I had high hopes for him (I didn't think he would surpass Vernon), so I was disappointed when we just released him.

i've watched him play since high school..no way he should've even been considered for our #2 TE..D-LOVE runs circles around bear
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
RIP Eric Johnson

When did eric die?
With only two tight ends on the active roster I am sure the staff felt like they needed a couple of camp jockeys.
I like a tight end especially when they can also play wide receiver
I used to watch Tony Curits play highschool football because he was in the town right next to mine. The funny thing is, he wasn't even that great of a player in high school, but he started making plays in college.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I like a tight end especially when they can also play wide receiver

There is just so much wrong with that statement....

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
RIP Eric Johnson

When did eric die?

lol I checked to see if he really was!

(I don't think so)
IMO we only have one tight end on the active roster. That was VD. There is no
way that Walker is a true TE.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
IMO we only have one tight end on the active roster. That was VD. There is no
way that Walker is a true TE.

I happen to think walker is one hell of a good recieving tight end, I dont know about his blocking skills but he is a mini me to vd which is fine, I really think this offense is going to become some kind of a spread hybrid. Hopefully we get a great second back like dallas has with jones and barber. I could just imagine gore spiller coffee running all day and crabtree catching touchdowns and vd doing his thang baby yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Is it me or does it seem like we are always signing TEs? We know about Davis, but can Walker block at all? If not, why did we take him as a TE when he was a WR in college? Maybe all these guys are camp fodder?

Curtis, Finnely, Walker, Davis.

Drafted Pascoe and maybe a couple others.

All these guys are camp fodder. After Davis, Mcloughan's trying to keep some competition at the position. Walker was a 6th round selection after all. If Walker was any good at being a lead blocker then I doubt Norris would be on the field and Norris isn't much to write home about.

I'm hoping they invest in a blocking TE this year though since we're using Davis as a receiving threat so much. Besides, we have what? 7 picks this year? Why not get a guy like Colin Peek in the 4th round? His blocking was good enuf for Ingram out of Bama should be a step up from Walker.
[ Edited by Walsh on Feb 7, 2010 at 2:55 AM ]
Well, seems as we have been looking for a competent 3rd TE for 2+ seasons, the love fest may not be lovey enough.
Share 49ersWebzone