There are 169 users in the forums

What's with the TE love fest?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is it me or does it seem like we are always signing TEs? We know about Davis, but can Walker block at all? If not, why did we take him as a TE when he was a WR in college? Maybe all these guys are camp fodder?

Pointless thread, but I had to ask.

Curtis, Finnely, Walker, Davis.

Drafted Pascoe and maybe a couple others.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM ]
you know what I always say, "You can never have too many tight ends!!!"
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Thought this thread was gonna go in a different direction.
Originally posted by krizay:
Thought this thread was gonna go in a different erection.

oh it did!
Originally posted by krizay:
Thought this thread was gonna go in a different direction.

lets bash VD thread?
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Feb 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
A good tight end is hard to find.
"But BEAR PASCOE is going to surpass Vernon this year! All based on reports from Maiocco on training camp practices!"

Various, naive 'Zoners, you know who you are...
Originally posted by NickSh49:
"But BEAR PASCOE is going to surpass Vernon this year! All based on reports from Maiocco on training camp practices!"

Man, the more and more I think about, Vernon Davis was just a waste of a pick

I remember reading that. Very funny.
hahah i was wondering the same

I thought Bear was gonna come in and be our #2 TE, used mostly for blocking, but catch some balls as well.

I had high hopes for him (I didn't think he would surpass Vernon), so I was disappointed when we just released him.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

Also guilty... those who thought CODY WALLACE was going to replace Eric Heitmann during his rookie season.

Originally posted by YouGotGored:

Also guilty... those who thought CODY WALLACE was going to replace Eric Heitmann during his rookie season.

or Glen Coffee replacing Gore
The Tony Curtis signing looks to me as if we're going into a spread-offense flux (since we're heavy on 2-TE sets during the majority of our passing plays we might as well get more TEs built like 'post-modern' wide-receivers with blocking qualities and speed).

But from what I hear Tony is a special teams 'type' of guy for the most part, so this might have been a Schottenheimer signing.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:28 PM ]
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I thought Bear was gonna come in and be our #2 TE, used mostly for blocking, but catch some balls as well.

I had high hopes for him (I didn't think he would surpass Vernon), so I was disappointed when we just released him.

I was also dissapointed when we released him cuz he's a high school buddy of mine and I was super excited when the niners drafted him. I thought I was going to have a inside connection.
Share 49ersWebzone